• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One year left to complete my distance learning MSc in Maths ..."

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Many years ago I did a lot of maths for my electronics studies (basically many variations on deep trig) and found it a bit boring after a while.
    Why do you think sas has taken to it like a duck to water?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    If you buy 1000 sledges at £10 and then Tesco sell the same for £8 each how long does it take to realize you not going to be a millionaire next year rodders.
    They were going for £35 in Halfords last weekend

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Better Operational Research, statistics, stochastic models, queuing systems, that sort of thing. That's probably all mince to you.
    Relatively simple stuff then.
    Thanks for confirming what I thought, but really its obvious from your posts that you're not God's gift to the intellectual firmament.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Are you saying you have a MSc in Mathematics?
    Funny, from your posts I would conclude you had an inferior degree from an ex-poly.
    Better Operational Research, statistics, stochastic models, queuing systems, that sort of thing. That's probably all mince to you.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Because i'm at least three of the four and arguably normal as well.
    Nice one.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I have an inferior degree in Mathematics from an ex-poly though and proud of it.
    Well some people are intelligent but didn't do well academically.
    Pooper comes across as thick as a plank and he has a crappy engineering degree (which is much easier than a maths degree) from a crappy ex-technical college.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Why don't you figure it out by a process of elimination.?
    Because i'm at least three of the four and arguably normal as well.

Fwiw my original comment that one has to be slightly weird to study mathematics was self deprecating humour. You are simply proof that many a true word is spoken in jest as they say.
    Last edited by doodab; 24 November 2011, 16:58.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Funny, from your posts I would conclude you had an inferior degree from an ex-poly.
    I have an inferior degree in Mathematics from an ex-poly though and proud of it.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    And which would that be?
    Why don't you figure it out by a process of elimination.?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Trying to follow my footsteps eh. Figures.

OK, provide the congregation a solution to Goldbach's conjecture by the morning. If you're unable then you really are thicker than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I'm not surprised that you didn't get that I'm suggesting you're only one of the things on the list.
    And which would that be?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Trying to follow my footsteps eh. Figures.

OK, provide the congregation a solution to Goldbach's conjecture by the morning. If you're unable then you really are thicker than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I'm surprised you have managed to enroll on an MSc course without understanding the meaning of the word "simultaneously". They really will let anyone in these days.
    I'm not surprised that you didn't get that I'm suggesting you're only one of the things on the list.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Well for you, 1/4 isn't too bad I suppose
    I'm surprised you have managed to enroll on an MSc course without understanding the meaning of the word "simultaneously". They really will let anyone in these days.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    And what of those of us who are simultaneously normal people, IT geeks, mathematicians and slightly weird?
    Well for you, 1/4 isn't too bad I suppose

Leave a comment:

Working...
X