• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How do you like your coffee"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    <Swiss Tony>
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.
    </Swiss Tony>
    My coffee machine is Swiss and I'm called Tony and I used to work in Geneva - but I'm not Swiss Tony!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    <Swiss Tony>
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.
    </Swiss Tony>

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    Mellow Birds, for that touch of class.
    Is that one of the chicory laced fake coffees?

Absolutely hate chicory coffee.

Usually forced upon me when visiting distant relatives or rare acquaintances, and accompanied with that powdered milk that doesn't dissolve right, looking like your 'coffee' has dandruff.

And they wonder why you don't pop round more often.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I like a good espresso or cappuchino, my machine broke down so i need to get a new one. I was looking at a rancilo silvia, think i will order one when i get my next wfh contract.
    I still toy with getting an espresso machine but worry it would be a bad idea, so I'm sticking with my £30 filter machine for now.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I like Latte with Skimmed Milk.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    With one of these

Leave a comment:

• Leijona
    replied
    This is Italy, it's punishable by law to drink anything but espresso!!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    I like the coffee at Rons.

(wobbegong keeping real.)

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    None of this arty-farty coffee for me.

Mellow Birds, for that touch of class.

Puts hairs on your chest!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Irish.

It's become traditional for me and a group of mates to always end a restaurant meal with an Irish coffee, where available. I think it started on holiday at a chinese in Puerto Banus many years ago, after the food was pretty dull so we needed a livener.

Turns out it's quite a good yard stick of how good the restaurant is, maybe we should have it as a starter instead of at the end.

Worst places use that fake cream in a can, or awful cheap coffee, or don't float the cream properly.

Best one to date is definitely a little restaurant in Plymouth. Superb. So good we had about three each before the women (who don't partake in the tradition, they prefer wine/whine to whisky) complained they wanted to go elsewhere.

The best normal coffee I've had was in Hamburg. Can't remember the brand but think it may be Miko. Tasted really good. Probably due to the hangover though as it was the first drink of the morning while on a stag do.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I like a good espresso or cappuchino, my machine broke down so i need to get a new one. I was looking at a rancilo silvia, think i will order one when i get my next wfh contract.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I gave up coffee 4 years ago. highly recommended.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Austrian goat milk double-half-caf-half-decaf-soy milk cappuccino - extra hot - with a dash of Madagascar cinnamon-and half tablespoon of caramel-latte-frappa-mocha.
    <Dennis Leary>
    Is it impossible to get a cup of coffee-flavored coffee? You can get every other flavor except coffee-flavored coffee! They got mochachino, cappuchino, frappachino, Al Pacino, what the ****?
    </Dennis Leary>

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Flat white
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Flat White for me, but only if I am buying one in a coffee shop.

I can't be arsed to faff around with the milk when I am making one for myself so go for an espresso.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Flat white

Leave a comment:

Working...
X