• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "False memories - proof of the matrix or parallel universe?"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Where there's mugs there's money:

Quantum Jumping - Communicate With Your Subconscious Mind

Strange how all these life changing lessons cost cash.

Though according to the website over 30,000 have benefited (doesn't mean they got past the free stuff ), and with over 51,000 liking it on Facebook that's a lot of mug punters for the fleecing. If making a moral living becomes too hard one of these scams would be a piss easy plan B. Just need a decent website and a convincing enough sales pitch, no matter how crazy bollocks it is.

[Found it on a David Icke related thread on another forum. Nuff said. ]
    Last edited by PAH; 25 November 2011, 19:48.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    If you are dead you will not experience anything.
    Same as what you experience when asleep and not dreaming. i.e. unconscious and unaware of anything. Seems pretty similar to what I experienced before I was born.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I know what its like to be Dead
    And you're making me feel -
    like Ive never been born

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Do you dream of unicorns or spiders?
    I dont know such things - I only do eyes ...

PS DO YOU DREAM IN COLOUR ??

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I was thinking the consciousness crosses over during sleep.

In sleep our consciousness is similar to pre-conception/birth (i.e. unless dreaming we aren't aware of anything, as if we didn't exist) and likely to be similar to what we experience after death, so I don't think the theory is that impossible.

It's as provable as many current theories. I wonder if I can get some government funding and go on a lifelong all expenses paid investigation like those at Cern and the other blaggers.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    There are books about this garbage?

How frightening is that?

Before the internet I heard there were more books of the Star Wars universe and thought Lucas had made movies based on the books. Turns out the movies came first and it was all Lucas's creation.

Though there are people on the internet claiming Lucas bought the story and all rights off another author (one even giving the name of the original book) and made out it was all his idea. Probably bollocks though, unless Lucas has paid off a lot of people to keep quiet.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    If you're seriously asking whether a slight change in the pattern of your brain's electrical and/or chemical signals causes it to (temporarily) enter a parallel universe, wouldn't boiling a cup of tea, or doing practically anything that involves a far greater change of energy or chemical composition do the same?

I was thinking the consciousness crosses over during sleep.

In sleep our consciousness is similar to pre-conception/birth (i.e. unless dreaming we aren't aware of anything, as if we didn't exist) and likely to be similar to what we experience after death, so I don't think the theory is that impossible.

It's as provable as many current theories. I wonder if I can get some government funding and go on a lifelong all expenses paid investigation like those at Cern and the other blaggers.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Is something is playing silly buggers with my memory ?

They are not your memories - they are implants.

Ever dreamt of Electric Sheep ?

Now - questions.

Tell me only the good thing that comes into your mond - about your Mother ?

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 November 2011, 10:10.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    You do realise that's in the 3rd episode of the 2nd round of StarWars crap don't you?

Which I only got round to watching earlier this year as I think the prequel trilogy are absolute crap.

So this memory manifests from before that movie was even made. Hence why I said I hadn't read the books and got the image that way.

I don't remember the cause of Darth Vader's injuries being described in detail in the original trilogy (which I rewatched this year after acquiring the despecialized version in 720p without all the poncy CGI they've added since), so it's a bit spooky that it happened the way I remember it but they've only recently put it on film.

The only way I can rationalise it is maybe I saw the scene in a different movie (something sci-fi ish but low budget like maybe Hawk The Slayer that I've definately seen in my youth) and later read about how Vader got the injuries (maybe on the internet years ago) and my mind made up the memory.

A parallel universe sounds more plausible.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Did he write the theme tune and sing the theme tune?

No, but he got his paws all over Susan George in her prime. Lucky git.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    But, oddly, he never went into slow motion whilst making a very strange noise like the 6 million dollar man of immortal memory.

Six Million Dollar Man (Steve Austin Running) - YouTube
    6 million dollars was a lot of money in those days too. Even his eye made a noise?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Realised another false memory last night and it's time someone did a study into whether they prove we are in the matrix or my personal theory:

2. Was watching an old 70s horror movie last night called Fright starring Dennis Waterman and the super-sexy (at the time) Susan George. I remember watching the movie as a kid as part of the usual friday night horror movie broadcasts, but always remembered Dennis Waterman being hung from a tree and being discovered by the babysitter. Not according to the movie I watched last night.

So something is playing silly buggers with my memory.
    Did he write the theme tune and sing the theme tune?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I distinctly remember that wanking was allowed in the office
    Now this is the CUK I know and love

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I distinctly remember that wanking was allowed in the office
    Like this?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I distinctly remember being married to a beautiful sexy woman, living in a giant mansion, being witty, handsome and having £1M in the bank.

Yep, just checked, still true.

Dim,

u r da man

excellent

Milan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X