• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

False memories - proof of the matrix or parallel universe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Did he write the theme tune and sing the theme tune?

No, but he got his paws all over Susan George in her prime. Lucky git.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      You do realise that's in the 3rd episode of the 2nd round of StarWars crap don't you?

Which I only got round to watching earlier this year as I think the prequel trilogy are absolute crap.

So this memory manifests from before that movie was even made. Hence why I said I hadn't read the books and got the image that way.

I don't remember the cause of Darth Vader's injuries being described in detail in the original trilogy (which I rewatched this year after acquiring the despecialized version in 720p without all the poncy CGI they've added since), so it's a bit spooky that it happened the way I remember it but they've only recently put it on film.

The only way I can rationalise it is maybe I saw the scene in a different movie (something sci-fi ish but low budget like maybe Hawk The Slayer that I've definately seen in my youth) and later read about how Vader got the injuries (maybe on the internet years ago) and my mind made up the memory.

A parallel universe sounds more plausible.
      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Is something is playing silly buggers with my memory ?

They are not your memories - they are implants.

Ever dreamt of Electric Sheep ?

Now - questions.

Tell me only the good thing that comes into your mond - about your Mother ?

Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 November 2011, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          If you're seriously asking whether a slight change in the pattern of your brain's electrical and/or chemical signals causes it to (temporarily) enter a parallel universe, wouldn't boiling a cup of tea, or doing practically anything that involves a far greater change of energy or chemical composition do the same?

I was thinking the consciousness crosses over during sleep.

In sleep our consciousness is similar to pre-conception/birth (i.e. unless dreaming we aren't aware of anything, as if we didn't exist) and likely to be similar to what we experience after death, so I don't think the theory is that impossible.

It's as provable as many current theories. I wonder if I can get some government funding and go on a lifelong all expenses paid investigation like those at Cern and the other blaggers.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

There are books about this garbage?

How frightening is that?

Before the internet I heard there were more books of the Star Wars universe and thought Lucas had made movies based on the books. Turns out the movies came first and it was all Lucas's creation.

Though there are people on the internet claiming Lucas bought the story and all rights off another author (one even giving the name of the original book) and made out it was all his idea. Probably bollocks though, unless Lucas has paid off a lot of people to keep quiet.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              I was thinking the consciousness crosses over during sleep.

In sleep our consciousness is similar to pre-conception/birth (i.e. unless dreaming we aren't aware of anything, as if we didn't exist) and likely to be similar to what we experience after death, so I don't think the theory is that impossible.

It's as provable as many current theories. I wonder if I can get some government funding and go on a lifelong all expenses paid investigation like those at Cern and the other blaggers.
              If you are dead you will not experience anything.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Do you dream of unicorns or spiders?
                I dont know such things - I only do eyes ...

PS DO YOU DREAM IN COLOUR ??

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                  I know what its like to be Dead
                  And you're making me feel -
                  like Ive never been born

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Same as what you experience when asleep and not dreaming. i.e. unconscious and unaware of anything. Seems pretty similar to what I experienced before I was born.
                    Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Where there's mugs there's money:

Quantum Jumping - Communicate With Your Subconscious Mind

Strange how all these life changing lessons cost cash.

Though according to the website over 30,000 have benefited (doesn't mean they got past the free stuff ), and with over 51,000 liking it on Facebook that's a lot of mug punters for the fleecing. If making a moral living becomes too hard one of these scams would be a piss easy plan B. Just need a decent website and a convincing enough sales pitch, no matter how crazy bollocks it is.

[Found it on a David Icke related thread on another forum. Nuff said. ]
                      Last edited by PAH; 25 November 2011, 19:48.
                      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                      X