• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you believe in "ghosts"?"

Collapse

• RSoles
    replied
    Living out in the sticks, and having an old house, I have a room my mother refers to as the 'death room'. It used to be used as a hospital, hospice and morgue before such things became commonplace and you had to fend for yourself.

Never met or heard anything odd though......well, not yet......

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Perhaps disbelievers should spend a night or two in my place. Guests have previously heard footsteps on the stairs, door handles moving by themselves, doors and windows being loudly knocked and even the toilet being flushed.

Seems to get very active here during October for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I was alone in my house one night, a full bottle of a fine malt on the side table. I must have dropped off to sleep because when I woke in the morning, something had drunk all the fine malt whiskey. It must have been a ghost because there was a pile of ectoplasm on the floor next to the sofa.
    Sounds like spirits.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post

I went to a fancy dress party wearing only a pair of 'Y' fronts, "I'm a premature ejaculation" I cheerily announced. "Eh?" said the host. "I've come in my pants" I explained.

I was alone in my house one night, a full bottle of a fine malt on the side table. I must have dropped off to sleep because when I woke in the morning, something had drunk all the fine malt whiskey. It must have been a ghost because there was a pile of ectoplasm on the floor next to the sofa.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by EC4N View Post
    And the jinn: He created from a smokeless flame of fire (Quran 55:15)

Not ghosts, but certainly I believe in the existence of Jinn which are parallel to the human race and an article of faith. One of the signs of their existence is their ability to enter the human body and possess an individual. The affected individual suddenly behaves in an irrational manner and in some instances speaks in a totally different voice which can't be explained by science as in the link.

On the phone...
    I've seen that happen to loads of people after a few drams

Leave a comment:

• Hill Station Murthy
    replied
    When I worked in Dubai, I was staying in apartment block which the locals said was built on an ancient burial ground and they said
    it was haunted by number of ghoolies.

Well I didn't actually witness any physical manifestation of these spectres but I was nearly driven to moving out by another phenomenon.

Every night at 3am my television would come on at full volume tuned to Indian MTV and I was always subjected to this
    terrible Bollywood song and dance routine. It really used to put the wind up me and on one accasion I went howling into the corridor in my underwear and frightened all the ladies.

It was later pointed out to me that the TV was programmed to come on at this time but I was hitherto not aware of this feature.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by EC4N View Post

Not ghosts, but certainly I believe in the existence of Jinn which are parallel to the human race and an article of faith. One of the signs of their existence is their ability to enter the human body and possess an individual. The affected individual suddenly behaves in an irrational manner and in some instances speaks in a totally different voice which can't be explained by science as in the link.

On the phone...
    Sounds like demonic possession.

Leave a comment:

• EC4N
    replied

On the phone...

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Both my kids (10 & 8 years old) have told us about people paying them visits and making them laugh, and that was before they started school or even understood the idea of what a ghost is.

It started in our house a few weeks after we moved in. My daughter was sat at the kitchen table laughing like a maniac. (Mum had just popped into the utility room and I was next door.) When I came in and asked what was up, she just said: "The lady in the sheet was sat at the end of the table and making her laugh"...

The most chilling moment was when they shared a room. One night I heard my son laughing like he had been tickled. I came into the room and my daughter, who is the eldest, said:"don't worry! There was a man with the funny teeth, making him laugh"...

Make of it what you will, but at the time the kids were too young for school or nursery and not in contact with anyone in the house except me or their mum.
    Last edited by bobspud; 22 November 2011, 16:24. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I went to a fancy dress party dressed as a ghost once. Naked except a condom on each ear. "How is that a ghost?" asked the hostess when I arrived. "Because I heard they're eerie fukkers" I replied.

I went to a fancy dress party wearing only a pair of 'Y' fronts, "I'm a premature ejaculation" I cheerily announced. "Eh?" said the host. "I've come in my pants" I explained.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And if so, what are they?
    No (and why would they wear clothes FFS?).

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I went to a fancy dress party dressed as a ghost once. Naked except a condom on each ear. "How is that a ghost?" asked the hostess when I arrived. "Because I heard they're eerie fukkers" I replied.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Mostly feel it's all a load of old bollocks, but a couple of things make me think, one was my daughter as child insisting she kept seeing the figure of a man wearing a Fedora type hat standing in the doorway of our living room, she can still desribe him exactly as she did then, 22 now.

Another is the Enfield Poltergeist, and the end of 'I belive in Ghosts' with Joe Swash or whatever his name is, in the Edinburgh Vaults, that did creep me out. You know the voice on the tape that he never heard when sleeping there before he bottled it.

Telly tho.....

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Yep, there's ghosts all over the place. I see 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Where's the poll?
    You mean you can't see it? I can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X