• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why do fat people go swimming ?"

Collapse

• XLMonkey
    replied
    Why do fat people swim? Easy

Fat floats
    Muscle sinks

if you are fat then swimming is a good alternative to exercise. If you are thin then swimming is exercise.

It is easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle than to drown a fat bloke in the deep end. Here endeth the lesson

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
    Grrrrr, why the feck do big ol' fatties go swimming when I go ? To get in my damn way, thats why
    If you were a real contractor you would have made enough dough by now to afford your own swimming pool.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Very funny - I see the general cognitive ability of this board is climbing the rising slope of the Intelligence Quotient bell curve.

And hey I used to walk 2 miles to school ... and via the chippy on the way home

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Personally I think the main reason for the rise in obesity is the little darlings now get driven to school every day, whereas most of my generation (2 months to go until I burn out at 35) had to walk.

Leave a comment:

• Gold Dalek
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMonkey
    Or the fact that that those bullies like yourself actually get their arses whipped these days and that humanity as a whole is more understanding of problems i.e. they look at the symptoms, not the results.

And a lot of people grew up being constantly taunted and abused by their peers rather than being supported and it ****ed them up quite badly. For every 5 people who get the hint, one person lives a miserable life and enters the cycle of depression which leads to permanent psychological damage. Some people seek comfort in eating and some people smoke like a chimney - it's just a simple psychological difference.

And then think of all the people who have medical problems or have been put on various antidepressants which cause them to gain weight. Kick them when they're down.

Never judge a book by it's appearance.

I rest my case.
    "rather than being supported"
    "more understanding of problems"
    "permanent psychological damage"
    "people who have medical problems"

all very emotive... you forgot to add "eating all the pies" tubby..

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    I wonder if the explosion in childhood obesity is not all down to poor old McDonalds but perhaps due to PC that says one cannot hurt the little dears' feelings and everyone should feel valued regardless, even if they are ugly fat little retards.

In the good old days, fat kids got called fat fatty fat fat or lard face or tubby chops. There was hardly any childhod obesity. I rest my case.
    Or the fact that that those bullies like yourself actually get their arses whipped these days and that humanity as a whole is more understanding of problems i.e. they look at the symptoms, not the results.

And a lot of people grew up being constantly taunted and abused by their peers rather than being supported and it ****ed them up quite badly. For every 5 people who get the hint, one person lives a miserable life and enters the cycle of depression which leads to permanent psychological damage. Some people seek comfort in eating and some people smoke like a chimney - it's just a simple psychological difference.

And then think of all the people who have medical problems or have been put on various antidepressants which cause them to gain weight. Kick them when they're down.

Never judge a book by it's appearance.

I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I wonder if the explosion in childhood obesity is not all down to poor old McDonalds but perhaps due to PC that says one cannot hurt the little dears' feelings and everyone should feel valued regardless, even if they are ugly fat little retards.

In the good old days, fat kids got called fat fatty fat fat or lard face or tubby chops. There was hardly any childhod obesity. I rest my case.

Leave a comment:

• TheMonkey
    replied
    I have no problems washing and I can't even see my cock.

Most skinny people are only skinny because they puff away like mad or run around like hamsters on a wheel all day.

I'm an atypical "fat bastard", eat McDonalds at least once a week but can run about 5 miles on a good day and have perfect health. Shock!

You lot can't be real IT contractors - real IT contractors are the ones who eat tulip, get their arses stuck in their Lotus Elise and can't get out and burn out by the time they're 35.

Leave a comment:

• ooermissessnodont
    replied
    washing the crutch area

For fat people, washing the crutch area must be difficult at home in the bath. They are unable to open their legs far enough to get a rub round with soap and a flannel because the side of the bath gets in the way of their legs (asuming tehy can get in the bath).

If they try in the shower, they fall over due to their instability.

So down to the baths for a sluice out.

Also local authorities ancourage fatties to go swimming because it raises the level of the pool and the authorities save on water.

Simple really.

ooer

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Thankfully, one does not need to use public swiming pools anymore......

Ok, I'll be honest...no i don't have my own pool....but I know someone who does....lol

The thing about public pools.....

1) The "open" changing areas, which are a haven to lure paedo's
    2) The increased chance of verruca's and foot diseases
    3) Once in the pool, the "yellow water" incident
    4) The "No Dive-Bombing" Rule
    5) The other people in the way
    Last edited by Board Game Geek; 30 April 2006, 04:54.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Never a problem for me

I ask hem politely, twice

and then Swim bufferfly over the top of them

if they do not get the idea then I swim fly over the top of them with closed fists . I've never had to go beyond this.

MG in 'get outa my fecin way and learn to swim' mode.

Advice for all: learn to swim (really swim, takes several years), the learn to swim fly (properly)

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I have the same problems, my excuse though is all the fit Danish birds in the pool. They are just so distracting. There is nothing so perfect to watch as a fit bird doing a front crawl: that part of the stroke when she is lifting her arm out of the water at the same time as rolling and taking a breath, the curve of the water against tight fitting swim suit....
    That is so descriptive I almost came...

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I have the same problems, my excuse though is all the fit Danish birds in the pool. They are just so distracting. There is nothing so perfect to watch as a fit bird doing a front crawl: that part of the stroke when she is lifting her arm out of the water at the same time as rolling and taking a breath, the curve of the water against tight fitting swim suit....

Anyways, on my bike this morning two dawdling fatties riding side by side were blocking the cyclepath. I rings my bell, but ends up having to pull up, so I says "Excuse me ladies", and one of them, the one with the beard, turns and says "We're not ladies", and continue to ride side by side. Yeah, can't hear the bell, but can hear that, so I reply: "Ok, excuse me, not ladies."

Leave a comment:

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    I did think about suggesting to them that they should retire to the coffee shop for a few sticky buns, but thought better of it as there were more of them than me and was afraid that they could use their collective force and drown me

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    They feel summer coming on so are trying to lose weight before going on holidays

They don't get that 2 months swimming/dieting and 10 months pig'ing out a skinny body does not make

Leave a comment:

Working...
X