• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brent oil price falling fast"

Collapse

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    My understanding is that the Saudis need the price to be maintained above $80/barrel due to their social welfare programmes.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Look, all these market updates are very nice, but could you just tell me when I can fill my tank up please?

Is this the most expensive petrol in Britain? It's so dear the price isn't shown on their board | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Look, all these market updates are very nice, but could you just tell me when I can fill my tank up please?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Been rallying upwards for the last hour
    Oil Falls to One-Week Low on U.S. Budget Concern, European Debt - Businessweek

Leave a comment:

• Hill Station Murthy
    replied
    I think over the coming months we will see all these indicators staring to fall as the economies of the powerhouse nations begin to grind to a halt.

If these economies, these BRIC countries, if they have same slowdown as is expected it will not only be oil but other commodities too and I think we will see the spectre of deflation stalking the economic landscape within 2 years.

But if these economies do not suffer slowdown then these commodties will still have a big demand and the prices will plateau rather than spike. Also inflation will not fall so rapidly as Mr King has said.

These things said, a war with Iran or a war or an increase in unrest in any of these Middle Eastern countries will put upward pressure on prices of oil.

And this, in my opinion, is the cat amongst the pigeons.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Not in the trade for hours, in for days/weeks. There's resistance at 106 (for Brent), once breached we'll see another $2 a barrel off the price quite quickly.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    But that means falling inflation.

Booomed...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Oil near $97 after China leader negative on growth | PressDemocrat.com

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    No we don't want to become rich, we like having to keep working.

Being rich and retired would be boring. That's why the billionaires still go to work, despite having massive yachts and young playthings at their beck and call.

Do lower oil prices mean we may yet see a significant reduction in the cost of petrol?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    AFP: Oil prices dive on darkening Europe fears

No one interested in free easy money then?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Brent oil price falling fast

Brent oil price falling fast

I reckon it's worth a short. I predict a big crash is imminent.

Boomed!

Working...
X