• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Status ...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Status ..."

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    'Neutered' is the word you're looking for.
    and it didn't hurt a bit...

After me lads...
    (To the tune of Chirpy Cheep Cheep)

"Where's ya bollocks gone?"
    "Far, far away!!!!!!"

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Steady on, old boy! Some of us are properly trained!
    'Neutered' is the word you're looking for.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Am I the only one who isn't interested in status?
    Don't care what car I drive (except for excitement sake), my laptop is 4 years old, my TV and stereo are 7 years old, my clothes are bought in bulk from Gap (as all their sizes fit me) etc etc?

Why do you think I'm contracting and not in some permie, status chasing, dead end?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergeant Apone
    But does it not give you great amusement when you toy with the social inadequates who hang around here? Does it not give you even the merest frisson of entertainment to see them all barking and straining at the leash at the mere thought they might be talking in a suggestive way to a woman, something most of them can only dream of (and probably do).
    Steady on, old boy! Some of us are properly trained!

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Sergeant Apone
    But does it not give you great amusement when you toy with the social inadequates who hang around here? Does it not give you even the merest frisson of entertainment to see them all barking and straining at the leash at the mere thought they might be talking in a suggestive way to a woman, something most of them can only dream of (and probably do).
    couldn't possibly comment

Leave a comment:

• Sergeant Apone
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    I'M NOT FLIRTING!!!!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Your overtly "anti materialistic" image is a status symbol in itself. By telling us what it is you are clearly aware of the image that you are trying to portray. Maybe you are worse than any of us, maybe you think you are too good to display your status with material objects?
    That's what I said, wasn't it.

Tch, people who don't read threads.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Am I the only one who isn't interested in status?
    Don't care what car I drive (except for excitement sake), my laptop is 4 years old, my TV and stereo are 7 years old, my clothes are bought in bulk from Gap (as all their sizes fit me) etc etc?
    Your overtly "anti materialistic" image is a status symbol in itself. By telling us what it is you are clearly aware of the image that you are trying to portray. Maybe you are worse than any of us, maybe you think you are too good to display your status with material objects?

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master
    Thing is, half of them think that Janey really is flirting with them, rather than just amusing him/her/itself at their expense.
    I'M NOT FLIRTING!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sergeant Apone
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Why would they need an imaginary girlfriend when they have Janey

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Why would they need an imaginary girlfriend when they have Janey

Leave a comment:

• Sergeant Apone
    replied
    Drop Your C0cks and Grab Your Socks

Hey, social inadequates of the forum, it's amazing what you can find on eBay these days. If some of you can stop howling at the moon for a moment, why not try this software solution out...

Imaginary Girlfriend

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Thing is, half of them think that Janey really is flirting with them, rather than just amusing him/her/itself at their expense.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by The Master
    I've only got one thing to say about this (and most other) threads at the moment, and that's
    Yes give IT geeks/nerds a sniff of a female and all hell breaks loose. You could really run a good scam pretending to be a woman on this forum. I bet they'd give up cash.

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    Get Back to Your Copies of Razzle

I've only got one thing to say about this (and most other) threads at the moment, and that's

Leave a comment:

Working...
X