• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I reckon there's money (good money) to be made buying EU banks soon."

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    In 2009, Santander ADR (Banco Santander, S.A. (ADR): NYSE:STD quotes & news - Google Finance) went down to just over $5 a share, by then end of 2009 it was over $17 a share, tripling your money after the bailouts.

Now it's down to $7.5 a share, I expect to see it lower, but at some point the ECB will print a trillion Euros to save the day and EU banking shares will rocket, doubling or even tripling over a 12 month period. These banks are "too big to fail".

I'm keeping my eye on a list of EU banks, when we are at maximum doom it's time to pile in big time and then clean up post printy printy.
    SOLD to you!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Feck off. Clean sweep in progress.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    From which Poly?

Gawd I'm sounding like SAS

Off to bed for Suity
    Poly? Do you mind its a Harvey's No questions asked back of van $50 desmond special.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I got it years ago (an economics degree can occasionally be useful).

What I'm really looking forward to is the reaction of France when Germany turf them out from the euro.
    From which Poly?

Gawd I'm sounding like SAS

Off to bed for Suity

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Finally eek I think you get it

Keep an eye on BNP Paribas and Soc Gen shares over the coming days

Tomorrow will make today look like a day at the races
    I got it years ago (an economics degree can occasionally be useful).

What I'm really looking forward to is the reaction of France when Germany turf them out from the euro.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Market will be up tomorrow at the end of the day.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    If only a trillion euros is enough. with Italy facing the final curtain France is rapidly warming up just in time for Spain to reveal the real mess they are in when the new government takes power.

Just wanted to cheer you up a bit.
    Finally eek I think you get it

Keep an eye on BNP Paribas and Soc Gen shares over the coming days

Tomorrow will make today look like a day at the races

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If only a trillion euros is enough. with Italy facing the final curtain France is rapidly warming up just in time for Spain to reveal the real mess they are in when the new government takes power.

Thing is, if you are printing money,you can just add more zeroes until you get an arithmetic overflow on the computer at the bank.

I think this sums up the situation and why there's no point worrying.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• I reckon there's money (good money) to be made buying EU banks soon.

In 2009, Santander ADR (Banco Santander, S.A. (ADR): NYSE:STD quotes & news - Google Finance) went down to just over $5 a share, by then end of 2009 it was over $17 a share, tripling your money after the bailouts.

Now it's down to $7.5 a share, I expect to see it lower, but at some point the ECB will print a trillion Euros to save the day and EU banking shares will rocket, doubling or even tripling over a 12 month period. These banks are "too big to fail".

I'm keeping my eye on a list of EU banks, when we are at maximum doom it's time to pile in big time and then clean up post printy printy.

Working...
X