• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Magnolia

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Magnolia"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Loved his Magnetic and big helmet personality. A true super villian.

Anyone else have a big helmet and magnetic personality?
    Some here have a repulsive personality, that could be magnetism.

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I have googled 'magnolia' and found this flower;

It is white, so stop acting like a bunch of big girls' blouses and call it white.
    Beige Mich. Men know about beige because of all the computers.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    All over Magnolia is fine for a BTL, but Magnolia plus some feature colour on one of the walls is better.

Natural Whicker is a nice alternative.
    I had something like that on one wall, Hessian or something it was called. Looked very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    All over Magnolia is fine for a BTL, but Magnolia plus some feature colour on one of the walls is better.

Natural Whicker is a nice alternative.

Leave a comment:

• IR35 Avoider
    replied
    In 1998 I chose Dulux "Wild Primrose" which was a purer yellow than magnolia, which has a beige/brownish tinge. I wanted a pure light yellow.

(There must be something wrong with my monitor, when I google that it shows me colours that look more beige than yellow, nothing like my walls. Hang on, when I move the window from one monitor to the other, the colour changes completely. I guess the moral of the story is, don't shop on-line for colours.)

Magnolia is also a bit to common, it's what builders always use when they don't use white.
    Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 8 November 2011, 15:55.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Nah.

It's difficult getting the streaks in the paint.

And even more difficult getting the dots:

Use large bristled brush on a cold day should get the streaks.

I can manage the spread pattern for the dots!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I thought Richart E Grant was in a film with Magnolia in the title. But upon reflection that film was Keep the Aspidistra flying

If aspidistra is another colour, have you considered painting your house with that? The film was quite good.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    White. Ish.
    yes, well that'll do for me. ish.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Done the same, although with one eye on selling. kitchen + dining room are in Papyrus, kind of off white to mix it up.
    Goes with everything, makes place look cosy but spacious, white can be a bit cold, easily painted over for dirty marks, kids etc.
    Theres a reason they do new houses in this. Any time I have tried to be a 'bit fancy' with colours it ends up looking s**t. Can always brighten up with pics etc.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Did he have to stand on a box?
    Now I come to think of it, no, I only remember him kneeling down most of the time.

He might have been kneeling on a box though.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I have googled 'magnolia' and found this flower;

It is white, so stop acting like a bunch of big girls' blouses and call it white.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Magneto

Loved his Magnetic and big helmet personality. A true super villian.

Anyone else have a big helmet and magnetic personality?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    There was a film called Magnolia, and I thought it was going to be about decorating. It might have been but I never quite fathomed out the plot. I must have missed an important bit when I went to the loo.

I think Tom Cruise was in it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    A lot of drivers don't have tax or insurance, so don't drive to B&Q for your Magnolia. Have it delivered or take the train.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Magnolia is ok.

I painted most of my house in variations on that theme, the only one that didn't look like magnolia was the "Dulux Daffodil White" which is as yellow as a daffodil.

And even that was a great improvement on the hideous selection of colours that were there to start with.
    really?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X