• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Did the government actually change?"

Collapse

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    As we're (you're) all in this together, and there are many difficult decisions to make, the conservatives have always said that making cuts is a choice between cutting back office bureaucracy or front line services.

But, nobody said they couldn't choose both options

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What's up with the automatic passport machines. I used one once (under supervision) and now the machines always seem to be off-line or non-existent.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    "Did the government actually change?" - no. These days Labour & Tory are neo-liberals fighting to control the centre ground. It doesn't matter who you vote for.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The Swiss don't even look at your passport anymore, might throw mine away.
    Even at the airport?

I can believe they may not bother at land borders where you're surrounded by Euroland countries, but airports are the one way in without passing through a trusted country first.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That said, if you were here illegally, why would you leave to go back to Europe?
    Some migrant farm labourers follow the harvests from one place to the next.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Last time I was in Switzerland, 6 years ago, when we left by car the border control was open and unmanned. Simply drove through without even slowing down.
    Do reckon anyone would notice if I knocked up a nice little chalet on some alpine mountain slope and started living there?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    When we went to France at half-term, there was no-one at French passport control at Eurotunnel. Paused for a bit, then went straight through.

That said, if you were here illegally, why would you leave to go back to Europe?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Last time I was in Switzerland, 6 years ago, when we left by car the border control was open and unmanned. Simply drove through without even slowing down.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Did the government actually change?

Did the government actually change?

Move to ‘fast track’ migrant workers - Telegraph

Theresa May to face questions over order to relax border checks - Telegraph

Working...
X