• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I want a waffle iron/maker"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You're a fan of David Gates then?
    hehe, yeah.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I can feel my arteries hardening as I read.
    But you ar a fat git, after all

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
    On holiday recently they were serving these wonderful waffles on which we'd spread a little chocolate and sprinkle some powered sugar on and it was just the best. The kids loved them.

Now I'm keen to get one of these waffle makers at home, but there are a bewildering array of choices. The waffles we had were not the 1" thick ones, but they also weren't stupidly thin & cripsy. They were just right.

Anyone here have a waffle maker that they would recommend?
    I can feel my arteries hardening as I read.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    breadmaker: once a week (great on timer the night before, waking up to the sound of Bread) but normally prefer rolling my own.
    You're a fan of David Gates then?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I wouldn't get the B&D one guys, check the reviews.

breadmaker: once a week (great on timer the night before, waking up to the sound of Bread) but normally prefer rolling my own.

wok: daily, one of those "seasoned" ones, not the Teflon ones.

Coffee machine: grind and espresso machine.

pasta roller: once or twice a month - once you've had fresh, never going back unless it's for a quick pasta bake or "pie" type pasta. Fresh stuff, including home made ravioli, is great but takes time.

sandwich maker: nope.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    breadmaker twice per month.
    wok 2 or 3 times per week.
    Coffee machine every couple of hours.
    pasta roller dont own
    sandwich maker twice a month or so
    breadmaker, never owned
    Wok, gave it away cos we never used it
    coffee machine, only at christmas
    pasta roller, never owned
    Sandwich maker,(proper breville it was a wedding present twenty years ago), when its my turn to cook so twice a year if your lucky

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Its gonna end up in the back of the cupboard next to the breadmaker, the wok, the Coffee machine, the pasta roller, and the sandwich maker
    breadmaker twice per month.
    wok 2 or 3 times per week.
    Coffee machine every couple of hours.
    pasta roller dont own
    sandwich maker twice a month or so

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Its gonna end up in the back of the cupboard next to the breadmaker, the wok, the Coffee machine, the pasta roller, and the sandwich maker
    All of which I used twice a year

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    £200 is a bit much, for something that we'll probably only use a couple of times a year! I was thinking something in the region of £30 myself. Not sure about the Black & Decker one, I did see that one earlier but was put off by the fact that B&D should stick to drills.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    On holiday recently they were serving these wonderful waffles on which we'd spread a little chocolate and sprinkle some powered sugar on and it was just the best. The kids loved them.

Now I'm keen to get one of these waffle makers at home, but there are a bewildering array of choices. The waffles we had were not the 1" thick ones, but they also weren't stupidly thin & cripsy. They were just right.

Anyone here have a waffle maker that they would recommend?
    Don't do it, you'll end up like Wendall . . .

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    £200 is a bit much, for something that we'll probably only use a couple of times a year!

I was thinking something in the region of £30 myself. Not sure about the Black & Decker one, I did see that one earlier but was put off by the fact that B&D should stick to drills.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    At the risk of turning into NLUK, are you sure you're cut out for contracting ?

That is a permie waffle maker, mine is a contractor waffle maker.

Here endeth the lesson
    I was suggesting it as a throw away item. Use it, if you like it buy a decent one sort of thing.

I use a cast iron stove/BBQ top jobbie myself.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    That seems a bit pricey for anybody who is only trying out waffles or only has them occasionally.
    You can get a decent one for 30 quid.
    This would probably do as a starter. Black & Decker WMB500 Belgian Waffle Maker
    At the risk of turning into NLUK, are you sure you're cut out for contracting ?

That is a permie waffle maker, mine is a contractor waffle maker.

Here endeth the lesson

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Speaking as an 'ex cafe owner', have a look at Nisbets. Avoid any crappy home based stuff.

You can go 'top of the range, pro kit' for about £200.

Waffles rule !!

In fact, have it !! Dualit Waffle Iron - J449 | Dualit Waffle Iron | Waffle Makers | Cooking Machines | Nisbets Next Day Catering Equipment
    That seems a bit pricey for anybody who is only trying out waffles or only has them occasionally.
    You can get a decent one for 30 quid.
    This would probably do as a starter. Black & Decker WMB500 Belgian Waffle Maker

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    It is not the "iron" that matters, it is your recipe for the batter.

Partially, yes. But your iron musn't cool when you pour mixture on or have inconsistent and patchy heat delivery.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X