• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Doom and gloom...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doom and gloom..."

Collapse

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by keninparis View Post
    This brief flirtation with CUK forums has been enlightening and it's amazing what I've been missing out on. Many thanks and warm regards.
    Is that a flounce?

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    This brief flirtation with CUK forums has been enlightening and it's amazing what I've been missing out on. Many thanks and warm regards.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    As a new member, just suprised by the level of negativity of some the posts. My work is niche, so the approach works for me.
    There's a niche in Crystal/SQL???

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I'm confused though.

Nothing new there.

Nothing to see.

Carry on.

It's not you that's confused, it's the Scooterbot. He had a bit of a malfunction and copied and pasted the same tulip into this thread because nobody was reading his.

Leave a comment:

• keninparis
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    In the same paragraph that you generalise IT pros as having no soft skills.

Some of us have been freelance for 20 years (and longer) we all have our own methods of finding work. We all have our own experience of bench time etc.
    We have track records that give us the right to bitch and moan amongst "friends".

You seem to think you can pop up in here and start telling the crowd how it is done and take no account of the credibility some posters have here.

You also might want to look up irony. One of the biggest doom mongers on this site also claims to be the richest.

With humble apologies to the vets. I know I am somewhat of a newbie here too.
    :nazioint taken - no offense intended

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Scotsmen. Never confused.
    No confusion on my part, you're definitely still a twunt.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Post 9 of this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1410504

No confusion on my part.

Scotsmen. Never confused.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Aha! Thread confusion!
    Post 9 of this thread:

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1410504

No confusion on my part.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Might you have the wrong thread there?
    Nope, was replying to the SS Munich.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Been looking now and again at this armani scarf I saw in Munich, €350 - saw the exact same scarf in San Fran for $950!
    You're confusing demand with inflation. European top end designers always have been comparably more expensive in the US than Europe because the market is high end and the demand is low.

If you want to compare like with like, then you should be comparing something like 'Affliction' or 'Ed Hardy' clothing markets in the US and Europe where the US is still cheaper.

Your iPad analogy demonstrated comparisons of similar demand products.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post

Some of us have been freelance for 20 years (and longer) we all have our own methods of finding work. We all have our own experience of bench time etc.
    We have track records that give us the right to bitch and moan amongst "friends".

You seem to think you can pop up in here and start telling the crowd how it is done and take no account of the credibility some posters have here.

You also might want to look up irony. One of the biggest doom mongers on this site also claims to be the richest.

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    In a way, these were some of the kind of comments I expected. In a recent survey (from a highly respected source) it highlights IT professionals, whilst very technically able, in general haven’t progressed their ‘soft skills’ and communication abilities (e.g. read a thread properly). The fact is on average it takes me around 1 month to secure a contract, I’ve never broken a contract and delivered in every single contract. Please have respect – everyone is different.
    Kind Regards.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    In a way, these were some of the kind of comments I expected. In a recent survey (from a highly respected source) it highlights IT professionals, whilst very technically able, in general haven’t progressed their ‘soft skills’ and communication abilities (e.g. read a thread properly). The fact is on average it takes me around 1 month to secure a contract, I’ve never broken a contract and delivered in every single contract. Please have respect – everyone is different.
    Kind Regards.
    You need to post in another part of the forum for that. Perhaps Business/Contracts.

I don't think respect is a given in General.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Our leading scientists say you're a complete twunt.
    And he is from the Institite of Studies.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Been to the US fairly consistently the past few years. On this trip the differences are noticeable. Even though Euro / Sterling exchange rates with the dollar such as they are, the price of stuff in general in the US has certainly increased from what I remember. Found the US to be quite expensive now, eating out $70-80, no where that posh but that's a lot for one.

...snip...
    Best ever scooter

I see you've been taking advantage of the free booze in vegas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X