• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Come on Wales!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Come on Wales!"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Anyway, for what it's worth I'm collecting some drinkies from the Dutch national captain tomorrow evening who bet me a bottle of wine that Aus and Wales would win at the weekend. I've told him to do the world a favour and predict that France win the final.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Not all of them; Matt Dawson was there, saw it first hand and said the ref was right. He's a world cup winner, not your average run of the mill pundit.
    Pienaar and Dalaglio on ITV are also world cup winners and they couldn't stop saying how wrong the decision was.

But I concede Dalaglio isn't that bright and Pienaar comes from a country where they think anything should be allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Reminded me of England 2003
    Indeed; perhaps we can hope they'll be just as ineffective afterwards!

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    NZ were brutally efficient; nothing amazing, just good solid team play without errors. Did you ever see a NZ player isolated without support? Was there ever a moment that an NZ player committed himself to the ruck unnecessarily? Did they make any over the top tackles? No; every player had support on his shoulder every time he had the ball, the field was covered all the time and every time one player made a sensible tackle (just stop the guy is enough), another one was there to rip the ball.

Textbook rugby really, well deserved victory.
    Reminded me of England 2003

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Having seen the highlights of the game on Sunday I seem to be disagreeing with all the TV pundits.
    It was a bad tackle and deserved a red card.
    Like others have said, it was the kickers that really let the side down. 3 pens, 2 drops and a conversion and 14 Welsh could have stuffed the French.
    New Zealand looked in terrific form against Aus. Unless the French turn up for their 1 outstanding game then the trophy is NZs.
    NZ were brutally efficient; nothing amazing, just good solid team play without errors. Did you ever see a NZ player isolated without support? Was there ever a moment that an NZ player committed himself to the ruck unnecessarily? Did they make any over the top tackles? No; every player had support on his shoulder every time he had the ball, the field was covered all the time and every time one player made a sensible tackle (just stop the guy is enough), another one was there to rip the ball.

Textbook rugby really, well deserved victory.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Having seen the highlights of the game on Sunday I seem to be disagreeing with all the TV pundits.
    Like others have said, it was the kickers that really let the side down. 3 pens, 2 drops and a conversion and 14 Welsh could have stuffed the French.
    New Zealand looked in terrific form against Aus. Unless the French turn up for their 1 outstanding game then the trophy is NZs.
    Not all of them; Matt Dawson was there, saw it first hand and said the ref was right. He's a world cup winner, not your average run of the mill pundit.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Glad the all blacks made it through. They're playing peerless rugby. Just hope they finish the job now.
    The Holy All Blacks? Not me.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Glad the all blacks made it through. They're playing peerless rugby. Just hope they finish the job now.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Because those refs ****ed up and this one didn't.
    WHS
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 16 October 2011, 19:07.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    WHS.

It's a shame that both Jones and Hook had such bad games. Halfpenny can be forgiven for his monster attempt but the other two are both ex Lions' kickers.

Still gutted but it's time to move on.
    Why does it annoy me that the commentators don't say 'Ha'penny..' Am I 'of an age?'...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    It was a shocker of a tackle and the reaction of the French after it says it all. There doesn't have to be malice, but a bad tackle is a bad tackle.

Shame, I was hoping Wales would win the WC.

The RC shouldn't be the talking point anyway, the kicking let Wales down.
    WHS.

It's a shame that both Jones and Hook had such bad games. Halfpenny can be forgiven for his monster attempt but the other two are both ex Lions' kickers.

Still gutted but it's time to move on.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    It was a shocker of a tackle and the reaction of the French after it says it all. There doesn't have to be malice, but a bad tackle is a bad tackle.

Shame, I was hoping Wales would win the WC.

The RC shouldn't be the talking point anyway, the kicking let Wales down.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    So why were the other similar tackles during the competition- there were four of them - either unpunished or, in one case, yellow carded...? With no subseqeunt three match ban...?
    Because those refs ****ed up and this one didn't.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Not as many as have broken their necks in collapsing scrums though...
    And how many those? Really?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X