• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Unusual presents

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Unusual presents"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Why? Because she put more effort into choosing a present than you could?

You rotten bastard, (some)people get a great deal of pleasure out of choosing and giving presents!
    It doesn't take a lot of effort to walk into 'Hawkins Bazzar', point at something and say to yourself, "That'll do". She can still generate as much pleasure as she wants by giving that crap to someone else, it just saves me the bother of binning it on Boxing Day.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    FTFY
    Prolly.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You rotten bastard, (some)people get a great deal of pleasure out of choosing and giving presents and watching the recipient squirm!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    My sister (4 yrs my senior) went through a phase of giving me odd Christmas presents; a 10" high, plastic, pipe smoking duck on elastic that made a sort of strangulated gurgling sound when it bounced, an elasticated, fluffy black and white monitor surround, a pair of divining rods, an abacus and lastly, a pair of lozenge shaped magnets called 'Oids'.

All of which went straight in the bin!

It was shortly after this that I politely suggested we didn't bother buying each other Christmas presents any more.
    Why? Because she put more effort into choosing a present than you could?

You rotten bastard, (some)people get a great deal of pleasure out of choosing and giving presents!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    My sister (4 yrs my senior) went through a phase of giving me odd Christmas presents; a 10" high, plastic, pipe smoking duck on elastic that made a sort of strangulated gurgling sound when it bounced, an elasticated, fluffy black and white monitor surround, a pair of divining rods, an abacus and lastly, a pair of lozenge shaped magnets called 'Oids'.

All of which went straight in the bin!

It was shortly after this that I politely suggested we didn't bother buying each other Christmas presents any more.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    A mate of mine was given a butchery lesson run by the Ginger Pig folks.

Learn Butchery at The Ginger Pig Butchery Classes | Marylebone, London > Home

He had a great time and reckoned the value of the product you get to take home was prob worth 50% of the cost.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    I Really like this one

Stampler - Lazybone

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Unusual gifts for that unique occasion!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Has your girlfriend recovered from her last present yet?
    I like to keep things interesting rather than the mundane obvious things

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Have you ever given or received an unsual present for birthday/xmas etc.? if so what was it?

I'm looking for some inspiration.
    Has your girlfriend recovered from her last present yet?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Would have classified as unusual had he done though...
    Most certainly.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I doubt he presented it to her for her birthday though.
    Would have classified as unusual had he done though...

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Has she found the last unusual present yet?

Maybe she really wants a nice pair of slippers?
    yes she knows about the box and no she doesn't need any slippers 0/10 for unusualness

One of my ex's got given a ring in a box that she can't open.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    Didn't one of the Sailors on the Royal Yacht Brittannia once capture one of the Queens Richard the Thirds, varnish it, then mount it on a frame?

Just saying...
    I doubt he presented it to her for her birthday though.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Didn't one of the Sailors on the Royal Yacht Brittannia once capture one of the Queens Richard the Thirds, varnish it, then mount it on a frame?

Just saying...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X