• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's time to plan for economic disaster"

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    What a dougie.

Land is the only thing with substance that can be traded when all else collapses.

In the end what can you do with paper notes and lumps of heavy metal? Nothing.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Interesting that since AtW left both Greece and Italy have gotten themselves into major trouble.

Who will save them?

Is it a bird?
    Is it a plane?
    Is it a pale, skinny fella with a dodgy moustache and penchant for little furry rodents?

Could be.
    Freddy Star?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Ah that's a relief; thanks.
    Interesting that since AtW left both Greece and Italy have gotten themselves into major trouble.

Who will save them?

Is it a bird?
    Is it a plane?
    Is it a pale, skinny fella with a dodgy moustache and penchant for little furry rodents?

Could be.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    He posted that comment pre-flounce.
    Ah that's a relief; thanks.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I thought you'd flounced.
    He posted that comment pre-flounce.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A government that bows to popular demand is a scary idea indeed. Their job is to do what's good for us, not what we want.
    You are Tony Blair/Gordon Brown and I claim my ¥5.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    What needs to be done is that governments should be doing what the electorate wants and not what the banks and corporate want.
    A government that bows to popular demand is a scary idea indeed. Their job is to do what's good for us, not what we want.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    So US is not sitting on a bomb then?
    I thought you'd flounced.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

What needs to be done is that governments should be doing what the electorate wants and not what the banks and corporate want.
    How will the politicians get that plush job in the city with a villa in Marbella?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Aye yes it is. I'm afraid it's going to be bad.
    You are David Contractor Jnr and I claim my five chinese hookers.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Aye yes it is. I'm afraid it's going to be bad.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That would be your best bet for nuclear destruction.

Iceland sitting on top of a massive geothermal vent. Nuke that, sulphur, ash and brimstone would rain over the whole of Northern and Southern Europe. That's what I would do if I was Chinese. ...
    Assuming they didn't mind their river embankments being breached at a couple of dozen points along the Yangtze and Hanjiang rivers, flooding half the arable land in the country with radioactive water.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    The UK needs to import food form somewhere.
    No it doesn't.

It's surrounded by fish (just need a navy big enough to repel foreign trawlers, oh they're all being made redundant ).

The fields can be full of potatoes.

I see a resurgence of the Great British Fish & Chip shop.

Even the jocks are planning ahead having spent years perfecting deep fried anything.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Iceland

Sitting on a steady supply of Geothermal power, abundance of food in the waters around them, fresh water and most importantly, a banking system that's already been wiped out and started again at 0.
    That would be your best bet for nuclear destruction.

Iceland sitting on top of a massive geothermal vent. Nuke that, sulphur, ash and brimstone would rain over the whole of Northern and Southern Europe. That's what I would do if I was Chinese.

Not that China would do that of course.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    proof?
    Do some research.
    HTH

Leave a comment:

Working...
X