• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: parasol IT

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "parasol IT"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Oh dear ....

Leave a comment:

• booradley
    replied
    i've started using CXC global and from the offset a pretty amazing company for service and that personal touch.

http://www.cxcglobal.ie/

Leave a comment:

• booradley
    replied
    parasol

I used them a couple of years back, almost as bad as using 360 group.

both i found to be rather pathetic at service and paying on time.

AVOID.

Leave a comment:

• Toad
    replied
    MF .... You're bored aren't you ?

Please go away and do something constructive.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    and the best thread in the last year... is back!

Leave a comment:

• BillHicksRIP
    replied
    I think you deserve the service Prosperity4 will offer you.

Leave a comment:

• emacmac
    replied
    Disappointing

Thank goodness there are others like me out there. I have spent almost two months now arguing with Parasol, 1-2 times a week, for my rechargeable expenses.

I have been told a number of times that I'm incorrect. At which time I produce them with a number of emails and different types of evidence that proves they are the ones in the wrong.

Once I get that established, I will try to follow up on the inquiry again after a few days, and have to go through the same thing again!

Today I've spent much of the day discussing the situation with a Support Consultant (via email). He told me that I had actually filled out the form on the screen incorrectly, and then told me that they hadn't received my receipts. After pushing this for a few hours, it turns out that they may have actually filed my receipts incorrectly at their end .......interesting....... Also helped that I had screen captures from the first day of trying to input the recharge expenses.

The best part is that now he's trying to tell me I've claimed for things twice, which can be seen as fraudulent behaviour! The only way that this could have been done incorrectly is by my payroll provider!! How ironic......

I don't have the option of setting up a Limited Company - what other umbrella companies do people recommend?

Leave a comment:

• paul-a-274
    replied
    Clearly had troubles...

Thought I'd chuck my 2 pence worth in... I've been with them 6 months without a hitch (just gone limited however!) and have never had a problem with them. They have obviously had some series issues over there, and frankly, whilst the comms has been a bit over the top at least the communications have been there.

I'd still recommend them, particuarly if you are new to contracting but I'd probably exercise a touch more caution than before....

Have a good bank hol w/end.

Leave a comment:

• claudius
    replied
    I got payed today again on time. Agency payroll run on a thursday, Parasol has funds by monday, in my bank account via BACS on wednesday.

I think thats pretty good. My contract is self billing.

Also I sent a query to contracts on the evening of the 17th and got a response the following morning.

Not bad at all.

Leave a comment:

• Xtrain
    replied
    Result

Originally posted by kmunro
    It does look like he who shouts the loudest gets the attention right now and my confidence has been largely restored.

I hope everyone else with outstanding issues has as much luck.
    I think posting on here may have helped your case but if you are happy to have to chase the MD of every company you deal with just to get any kind of service then best of British (or USA) to you.

Leave a comment:

• kmunro
    replied
    Solved

I just thought I'd follow up my post of yesterday with an update.

Last night (USA time) I emailed Parasol MD Rob Crossland (his email address was not hard to find using Google) with details of my complaints. By the time I woke up this morning he had personally replied as had a member of the escalations team promising to review the issues today.

I received a detailed response at around 6pm (UK time) this evening. All the issues appear to have been sorted and the cheque is, as they say, in the post.

It does look like he who shouts the loudest gets the attention right now and my confidence has been largely restored.

I hope everyone else with outstanding issues has as much luck.

Leave a comment:

• foritisme
    replied
    go Ltd, you know it makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Rassy
    replied
    Utterly utterly kicking myself for joining Parasol

I am so glad that I found this web site and hope that it helps resolve the problems I am currently having with Parasol.

I joined three months ago and it has been my worst and never ending nightmare ever since. In fact it has seriously taken a toll on my psychological well being, and that is no exaggeration. In short:

1. I am behind with 4 weeks payment
    2.Even though I submit my timesheets on their system on time, they still find it difficult to raise immediate invoices to my agency.
    3.They refuse to acknowledge when my agency chase them up on invoices while my payment steadily piles up with my agency.
    4.Parasol have confirmed that apparently I am not set up on their stupid ‘Spreadsheet’ system. Also because my account is not classed as ‘Self Billing’, no invoices will be sent to my agency…and ah yes, I shouldn’t worry because this is very capable hands and someone from accounts will get back in touch with me within 24 hours. I am still waiting four weeks on.
    5.I’ve sent complaint emails and received no response. I managed to get individual Parasol email addresses, and filtered my complaint email to them - so fingers crossed.

I am practically tearing my hair out as there doesn’t seem to be a system in place to protect Contractors when guys like Parasol decide to toss you around like rags not giving a damn. I am a busy person and there aren’t enough hours in the day to be kept on hold for over 40 minutes at a time. Anyway, now that I’ve gained some insight into the murky world of Parasol, I will begin looking for another umbrella company so good riddance to Parasol . Thanks Kmunro, the pro-corporate web site looks good.

Leave a comment:

• kmunro
    replied
    Getting a little worried now

Just stumbled over this thread & though I'd add my two-pence worth to this debate.

Prior to April, Parasol had been brilliant. No problems in the nine months I've been using them.

Now.....

1. Rechargeable expense claim that the agency paid a month ago still not matched.
    2. A second rechargeable claim from this month matched but for only half the amount. That amount PLUS two further expense claims that were matched have been held back because they didn't have VAT receipts despite the fact that I'm in the USA so don't pay VAT. They have now had the receipts for a week - still no action.
    3. Payroll for two weeks ago still not matched.

Currently I'm owed about GBP6K and I haven't even put in a timesheet for the last two weeks while they get this mess sorted out.

Four emails & a web ticket over the past three weeks have resulted in....
    a) An email telling me that they have now received a remittance from the agency and I would be paid within 24 hours (didn't happen)
    b) An email asking me to create a timesheet for rechargeable expenses however I'm supposed to do that.

I have been paid some money but, like I said, am out of pocket for six big ones as we speak.

Sooner or latter I'm going to have to get on the phone to them but the prospect of sitting on hold for half an hour on an international line doesn't excite me. I guess it's got to be done though.

Leave a comment:

• dmini
    replied
    I sent an email in April which never got a reply - so three days.........
    I'm waiting for live chat to become re-available - before I will hassle them. Surprise surprise - now we've hit the 17th, when it was supposed to be live again (was the 10th before that) they are now saying the 24th.
    I think that will be the best sign of when they are back to "normal" - when live chat is re-opened.
    I'm owed some money from the first week of April, but thankfully in some ways that was the last week of my contract through them, and I haven't had to put any work through them for the last month - used different brolly! Spoke to one agency today who have Parasol on PSL list, and she said the only way payments were being sorted out for some of her contractors, was because she had the names etc of two very good people within Parasol, but was cross that it came to having to ring them every time there was an issue.
    Anyway, week after next they are going to complain about problems processing stuff, because it's a short week again! One never knows when a bank holiday is round the corner - they just sneak up on you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X