• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Forgive me brothers and sisters for what I may do in the next 24 hours"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    I worked on a contract years ago where I went in feeling like tulipe. Manager told me to **** off home but I said nah its ok.

In the end, he said, go home, you're doing my head in, I'll sign timesheet for rest of day, and tomorrow, so dont come in until day after.

Result that was.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I actually went in on the second day but gave up after 2 hours of staring at the screen without actually moving
    Bit like my average day

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I am in! Courtesy of Beechams and a quick McDonalds breakfast onthe way here.

I feel like absolute sh*t and will be taking a few permies down with me. However, my professional integrity stands tall.
    As long as you don't have any allergies such as asthma or reactions you can mix taking ibuprofen with paracetamol i.e. take beechams then 2-3 hours later take ibuprofen.

Also have lots of soup, energy drinks and other none alcoholic fluids.

It all makes it less painful.

You are going to have to leave early particularly if you want to see if you can get in tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I feel like absolute sh*t and will be taking a few permies down with me.
    Don't let that concern you. They deserve it.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    I am in! Courtesy of Beechams and a quick McDonalds breakfast onthe way here.

I feel like absolute sh*t and will be taking a few permies down with me. However, my professional integrity stands tall.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    I've had a few days off sick over the past 5 years or so.

I've had a lot more than that off with blinding hangovers though

Works out to be a very expensive night out

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    May him who is without missed invoicing days cast the first stone.

I took 2 days off sick a couple of weeks ago. I actually went in on the second day but gave up after 2 hours of staring at the screen without actually moving

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Work from home. Even if it means sitting in bed with a laptop.
    Yep - tell them you don't want to spread you're germs to the permies.

Hope you feel better.

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    The trick is to sacrifice a Bob to $DEITY. Works a treat for me when I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

More old fashioned people will say you should stick to chickens as it's easier to dispose of the bodies as hot chicken soup.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Work from home. Even if it means sitting in bed with a laptop.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Forgive me brothers and sisters for what I may do in the next 24 hours "

Don't worry about it. We've all trawled the streets late at night, cut up some hookers(God wills it!) and buried their bodies in damp heath land.

Oh you were talking about something else weren't you?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    If you were just a bloke with a cold I'd tell you to stop whining, but if you are seriously considering Not Invoicing it must be serious. Have a day off (only one, mind) and I hope you feel better soon.

Leave a comment:

• Forgive me brothers and sisters for what I may do in the next 24 hours

Felt rough last night. Felt awful in the office today. Am sat here dosed up on medicine with a temperature, shivering, sweating, aching, sneezing, coughing, can't breathe properly. If I feel like this in the morning I'm seriously considering phoning in sick. This is beyond a bad cold.

Do not throw me out from the Guild of Worshipful contractors. In mitigation I claim only one previous case of this which was a severe back spasm which left me laid out on the floor for a day and I was back in the office the next day armed with prescription strength pain killers.

Come on, we must have more drugs than this in the house. Anyone know what this Ex-lax stuff does?

Working...
X