• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Winter Sun

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Winter Sun"

Collapse

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Would recommend: Fuerteventura / Gran Canaria, Madeira

Sounds nice but never been: Cape Verdes

Wouldn't recommend: Sharm el Sheik

Closer than you think / big budget: Bermuda

Hope this helps...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Pool temp in La Cala was -400c or so it seemed!! I only got in as far as my bollocks.
    That's just nasty.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It's a bit cool in December a bit too chilly to swim, also that part of the Med can be wet in Winter, you might be better off in the Canary Islands.
    Got family there, free accom!!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Sea temperature in Dubai last week was 35c, air temp was 45c
    Pool temp in La Cala was -400c or so it seemed!! I only got in as far as my bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Just had a week in La Cala/Benidorm, too hot for me but going back in Xmas where it should be cooler. Beni isn't as bad as it used to be, never saw any Brit-pisshead behaviour, though I'm pretty sick of Amstel now...

Max temp was 39c which killed me, lowest was about 26 which was still too hot. I prefer Siberia and -32c...
    It's a bit cool in December a bit too chilly to swim, also that part of the Med can be wet in Winter, you might be better off in the Canary Islands.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Just had a week in La Cala/Benidorm, too hot for me but going back in Xmas where it should be cooler. Beni isn't as bad as it used to be, never saw any Brit-pisshead behaviour, though I'm pretty sick of Amstel now...

Max temp was 39c which killed me, lowest was about 26 which was still too hot. I prefer Siberia and -32c...
    Sea temperature in Dubai last week was 35c, air temp was 45c

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You'll have read the rest of the thread then, eh?
    Nope!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Avoid the north of the island. The prevailing wet Atlantic weather lands there and it is completely different from the south of the island. The big moutain in the middle keeps the south of the island dry.

North - Lush and rainy
    South - Dry and arid.
    You'll have read the rest of the thread then, eh?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Tenerife it is then!
    Avoid the north of the island. The prevailing wet Atlantic weather lands there and it is completely different from the south of the island. The big moutain in the middle keeps the south of the island dry.

North - Lush and rainy
    South - Dry and arid.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Hey chick, I know you miss me but I'm spoken for now. Move on, I did.

And that folks is how you let 'em down easy. Aye thenk you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    If you head up from PDLC , past the observatories and down t'other side there are some camping spots hidden in the trees.

Cold at night though... It'd proper make yer nipples stand out!
    wrong thread

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'd probably register at a camp site (many of which are which are free but time and resource limited) and reconnoitre for wildcamping spots, as with Ibiza.
    If you head up from PDLC , past the observatories and down t'other side there are some camping spots hidden in the trees.

Cold at night though... It'd proper make yer nipples stand out!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Watch out for the dogs at weekends if you're up there, the local populace hunt for rabbits and hare.
    I'd probably register at a camp site (many of which are which are free but time and resource limited) and reconnoitre for wildcamping spots, as with Ibiza.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Porto Santo or Madeira are both nice at that time of year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X