• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Passed Prince2

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Passed Prince2"

Collapse

• Liamxtype
    replied
    [QUOTE=Wilmslow;1392821]I did two preparation days – One was with Spoce who I really recommend – this was a one day preparation day with really good revision summary of the process, as well as exam prep.

+1 for Spoce, I passed the Prince2 Practitioner in August with them.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Admit it, you syntax checked it, didn't you? Go on nobody will(can) think any the less of you.
    I've compiled it to make sure it works, googled x86 reference to make sure inc ax isn't going to be better than adc ax and considered challenging you to another asm competition but decided since it's 2:0 anyway I don't need to prove anything and I got no time to waste with proving the obvious.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    Passing the Prince2 exam is a piece of piddle, applying the theory is another matter. Prince2 is useful, but it shouldn't be your entry point to PM.

Its like studying a development metyhodology in the hope that it'll teach you to write code.
    Not according to our Wilmslow, he said it was proper hard core! It could be that Wilmslow is a bit thick - he is a permy, after all is said and done...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    Its like studying a development metyhodology in the hope that it'll teach you to write code.
    You mean it won't?

doh, silly me

Leave a comment:

• Project Monkey
    replied
    Passing the Prince2 exam is a piece of piddle, applying the theory is another matter. Prince2 is useful, but it shouldn't be your entry point to PM.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    *sigh*

Still stuck in 16 bit code-land?
    Admit it, you syntax checked it, didn't you? Go on nobody will(can) think any the less of you.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    mov ax,ds:[WMTTS]
    adc ax,1
    mov ds:[WMTTS],ax
    mov ax,4c00
    int 21
    *sigh*

Still stuck in 16 bit code-land?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    lmfao!

Blatant or what?

Oi Referee!!!
    Hey, I stripped the URL. I always like to nuance of allowing 'internet marketers' see their lovingly crafted missives butchered by Mods, it's much more satisfying that simply deleting the posts and banning the numpties (I' can do that later... )

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Why dont you have a crack at a GCSE ?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by JayLondon View Post
    I completed and passed my PRINCE2 exams a few months back. I would say it was easier for me since I used a PRINCE2 eLearning package from prince2-online. I didn't even read much in the PRINCE2 manual...
    lmfao!

Blatant or what?

Oi Referee!!!

Leave a comment:

• JayLondon
    replied
    Congratulations

I completed and passed my PRINCE2 exams a few months back. I would say it was easier for me since I used a PRINCE2 eLearning package from prince2-online. I didn't even read much in the PRINCE2 manual...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    whs, ...and managers who don't understand anything about human beings.
    mov ax,ds:[WMTTS]
    adc ax,1
    mov ds:[WMTTS],ax
    mov ax,4c00
    int 21

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No wonder the country's going to the dogs when people learn such airy-fairy garbage. Being a developer on one large project will teach you more than any of this BS.
    I think Prince, ITIL and the like are for intellectually challenged people who can't do anything useful.
    And the stats bear me out, the vast majority of projects fail, IMO because the PMs haven't got a feel (or a clue) about development issues.
    whs, ...and managers who don't understand anything about human beings.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Oi Wilmslow, if you barely passed by the skin of your teeth, may I ask if you did the Practitioners Course?

If so, where? Because either you're completely dense or the course was crap as it's sole purpose is to get you through the exam.

Oh well.
    I did two preparation days – One was with Spoce who I really recommend – this was a one day preparation day with really good revision summary of the process, as well as exam prep.

I did this as self funded believing I had only three weeks notice for the practitioner exam before I was deployed to Israel and had plenty of breathing space.

The QA practitioner prep was really not worth bothering with – there was very little review of the process, certainly nothing on powerpoint or handouts, it was only going through a sample paper. There is always one person in every course asking silly questions which the instructor was not able to manage, so we made little progress. However, as I already had this sample paper, this was not adding any real benefit to me. This is 2 days of money making in my opinion. The instructor invigilated the exam while clacking noisily on her laptop and playing with her phone, which was not exactly helping the exam vibes.

The problem I had in the exam was time management of the types of questions. I should have cherry picked the easy straight questions, then spent more focussed time working on the paired matching questions, but blindly followed the questions from number one onwards. This meant I had very little time to review the answers, only 5 minutes, but enough to amend a couple to get the pass mark.

If anyone is planning to take Prince2, I would not recommend leaving a year from foundation to the practitioner, do this in the one week. Also, get the sample papers, plus any other Prince2 primer course type questions and literally lock yourself in a room for 2.5 hours with nothing but the book to master the question formats.

Bloody annoyed with myself as I know the process inside and out, just the crazy exam format that nearly cooked me!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    By the skin on my teeth, but passed.

The question is, now what?

Got ITIL Service Management, ISEB testing Foundation and Intermediate.

I see this as a reasonably good balance.

Would be looking to consider moving into project management for the right opportunity. Currently working with projects in a governance capacity, although not actually running projects, but regardless very familiar and actively involved with the management of BAU projects, also projects as part of a major programme.

Are there any other quals work getting like MSP, Risk, advancing ITIL etc, or are there any thoughts about side-stepping into project management itself?
    No wonder the country's going to the dogs when people learn such airy-fairy garbage. Being a developer on one large project will teach you more than any of this BS.
    I think Prince, ITIL and the like are for intellectually challenged people who can't do anything useful.
    And the stats bear me out, the vast majority of projects fail, IMO because the PMs haven't got a feel (or a clue) about development issues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X