• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Message

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Message"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    No silly, its all about the definition of one day. As he didnt create the stars and celestial bodies till the third day (after he had done all the creatures and fishes and things) there was no concept of a celestial day so the creatures and land masses could have been around for millenia before time could be measured. Besides, what constitutes a days work for a god may be measured in life times for mere mortals.
    Well, God, if you've gone and signed for a rate per "professional day" then you've just got to hang around until it's done.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Someone brought out a FORTH processor back in the 80s, wonder what happened to it... (need we ask?).
    Yes, there was also the Novix 4016 of which I have several, one built into in a cigar box LCD touch screen etc. 20 mips, which was a blazing performance at the time.

It sold really well, and still does.

The thing about these FORTH processors made using FPGAs was that they are, for obscure reasons, extremely rad-hard and marvelous for image processing. For the officianados in the congregation that may tell you where they are used.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Someone brought out a FORTH processor back in the 80s, wonder what happened to it... (need we ask?).

Ah, when I were a lad, Real Men printed out the designs of microprocessors on plotters at a scale so large that you needed an aircraft hangar to work on it... mind you there were less than 10k transistors on a chip back then

Oi ZG, I'm working on the Altera Cyclone II - you can stuff your PICs!

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Hmm. I've given this a lot of thought. I think He created all the parts of the Universe including Earth in His lab, taking billions of years sculpting the lot with a penknife, a 12V battery and a few test tubes of all kinds of sh1t.

He then assembled the Universe, installed Earth and spun it up, and spent the next six Earth-days going round doing a ceremonial opening of each feature, like cutting ribbons at new supermarkets, that kind of thing.

I could be wrong though.
    No silly, its all about the definition of one day. As he didnt create the stars and celestial bodies till the third day (after he had done all the creatures and fishes and things) there was no concept of a celestial day so the creatures and land masses could have been around for millenia before time could be measured. Besides, what constitutes a days work for a god may be measured in life times for mere mortals.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    2 years do FORTH wrote I loop

threaded in "fleetwood" mode
    Its been a long time. My reverse polish has suffered due to age and alcohol intake.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    2 years do FORTH wrote I loop

threaded in "fleetwood" mode

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitbucket
    Bible says God made the world in seven days but dosent go into any detail as to how he did this
    Hmm. I've given this a lot of thought. I think He created all the parts of the Universe including Earth in His lab, taking billions of years sculpting the lot with a penknife, a 12V battery and a few test tubes of all kinds of sh1t.

He then assembled the Universe, installed Earth and spun it up, and spent the next six Earth-days going round doing a ceremonial opening of each feature, like cutting ribbons at new supermarkets, that kind of thing.

I could be wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    FORTH is much the same: write only...
    FORTH wrote I
    for years 2

Leave a comment:

• Bitbucket
    replied
    Smash

I did see someone feed five people on a small packet of instant smash so the loaves and fishes story could be true

Leave a comment:

• Bitbucket
    replied
    how about Darwin

Think theory of evolution seems to have a better gut feeling as being the real reason behind our existance.

Bible says God made the world in seven days but dosent go into any detail as to how he did this , was expecting at least a section on the formation of the rockies , or how the grand canyon was built. Not a hint of why or how he did all this , could have had a section on the reasons behind the Darleks as well

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I can never understand what that god of your is talking about half the time. If he's so great why can't he speak plain English?

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by cswd
    *rolled up and shoved up Chico's arse.
    So that he can read the small print?

Leave a comment:

• Chico
    started a topic The Message

The Message

Todays verse of the day brought to you by BibleGateWay.Com is

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. ”- 1 Corinthians 1:18

Working...
X