• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Internet troll jailed for 18 weeks"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    the type of **** who would have no qualms about putting a cat in a washing machine
    Well fair do's if it has been in your wheelie bin all day!! That happens you know.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    The washing machine! That's an idea if I can catch the little buggers.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Some of the sites he defaced were public pages of remembrance. In some cases he would make fake profiles of the people who died and post on these sites and go onto message friends and family of the deceased.

The guy deserves to be hung in all honesty, he has quite clearly demonstrated his complete lack of moral fibre, this is the type of **** who would have no qualms about putting a cat in a washing machine for lulz, etc.

You need to have a serious screw loose to derive such enjoyment from causing human suffering.
    How do you know that he'd have no qualms about putting a cat in a washing machine?

If in doubt then make it up, eh?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    [QUOTE=Incognito;1392507]Some of the sites he defaced were public pages of remembrance. In some cases he would make fake profiles of the people who died and post on these sites and go onto message friends and family of the deceased.
    QUOTE]

Ah - I didn't realise all of that.

You need to have a serious screw loose to derive such enjoyment from causing human suffering.
    Agreed.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Whilst he is clearly a total buttmunch, I do not for the life of me understand how people can set up pages personal or group pages and not have strict privacy controls. It seems totally bonkers to me. He shouldn't have had access to those facebook pages at all.
    Some of the sites he defaced were public pages of remembrance. In some cases he would make fake profiles of the people who died and post on these sites and go onto message friends and family of the deceased.

The guy deserves to be hung in all honesty, he has quite clearly demonstrated his complete lack of moral fibre, this is the type of **** who would have no qualms about putting a cat in a washing machine for lulz, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Whilst he is clearly a total buttmunch, I do not for the life of me understand how people can set up pages personal or group pages and not have strict privacy controls. It seems totally bonkers to me. He shouldn't have had access to those facebook pages at all.
    Ahhh, is that the same as NASA and DARPA having crap passwords/weak security on their systems... ...and people looking for evidence of aliens...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I was curious about what offence he'd actually commited.

Think it's covered by this:

Communications Offences: Legal Guidance: The Crown Prosecution Service

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Daily Mash
    Human rights groups have criticised the Duffy case, saying it criminalises being an asocial f**knut
    Nail. Head.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    The Daily Mash

AS a man was jailed for internet abuse, everyone with a computer has spent the last 12 hours frantically deleting as much as they possibly can.
    Is he on here?

Wayne Hayes, an IT consultant and member of 182 sites under the pseudonym 'Sheeple69'
    The Daily Mash - Uh-oh, says everyone on internet

Meanwhile MySpace said it welcomed any abusive messages people wish to post on its site, just so they have a reason to leave the bloody thing switched on.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    18 weeks does seem a little excessive when GBH might only get you 12 if you get locked up at all.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Saw a chap last week, he wasn't very tall but he had this huge head and very wide build with huge muscled arms covered in tattoos, looked just like some character in an online war game. Maybe there is something they are catching from being online too much. I always did reckon it would only be a matter of time before computer viruses started affecting people.
    That sounds like a plot for a novel.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Is his head somehow disproportionately large for his body?
    Saw a chap last week, he wasn't very tall but he had this huge head and very wide build with huge muscled arms covered in tattoos, looked just like some character in an online war game. Maybe there is something they are catching from being online too much. I always did reckon it would only be a matter of time before computer viruses started affecting people.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Is this guy any different than the likes of Frankie Boyle? I believe Jimmy Carr had a bit of an issue with a tweet he made about 9/11. Chubby Brown has made a career out of this sort of thing.

I suspect we have all made a bad taste joke or two too.

Should he really be going to prison for this?
    WHS

The scene at the beginning of the Wizard of Oz where Dorothy lands her house on the Wicked Witch of the West and then the whole town bursts out in 'Oh yes the witch is dead' while dancing on her grave is just pre-internet trolling. I don't think the Wicked Witch of the East was too happy but should she have kidnapped Dorothy and imprisoned her? No.

Over the top in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Is this guy any different than the likes of Frankie Boyle? I believe Jimmy Carr had a bit of an issue with a tweet he made about 9/11. Chubby Brown has made a career out of this sort of thing.

I suspect we have all made a bad taste joke or two too.

Should he really be going to prison for this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X