• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One of those parental milestones"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    And the rent of the pianos, wear and tear on pedals...

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    No. First invoice. Do you need new glasses?

He teaches piano to various students, including his younger sister. We've agreed to pay him the same rate he charges his other students. He's set himself up now as a sole trader, and started issuing invoices. What contracting parent wouldn't be proud of that?

Now I'll teach him about dunning processes.
    That is superb! You have good right to be proud

Now all you need to do is supply him with a back invoice for the money you spent on lessons for him and everyone's a winner

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    First asbo?
    No. First invoice. Do you need new glasses?

He teaches piano to various students, including his younger sister. We've agreed to pay him the same rate he charges his other students. He's set himself up now as a sole trader, and started issuing invoices. What contracting parent wouldn't be proud of that?

Now I'll teach him about dunning processes.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    First day at big school for my lad today, I expect he will be very chilled about this, unlike the rest of us....

Leave a comment:

• Chaffinch
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Commiserations: yet still, a more intensive training programme, and maybe some protein supplements slipped into the Cow&Gate, could result in a podium finish one day.
    Hahaha, clever AND funny

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post
    My baby's 21st today
    Commiserations: yet still, a more intensive training programme, and maybe some protein supplements slipped into the Cow&Gate, could result in a podium finish one day.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Blimey - didn't know he was a contender!
    Contender is pushing it

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Yeah, it's brilliant! He's got a toy kitchen and shopping trolley too, good job MF didn't turn out to be his Dad, eh
    Blimey - didn't know he was a contender!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Yeah, it's brilliant! He's got a toy kitchen and shopping trolley too, good job MF didn't turn out to be his Dad, eh
    Still annoyed the DNA match come
    back negative. Did you narrow it down in the end?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Excellent - does it really suck? Mine had a toy hoover that did actually pick up stuff. Win-win.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I bought mine a toy Dyson today, I thought that was swish. Blimey.

A vacuum cleaner. Buy him a gun or a sword, you don't want to confuse him. That's how
    Wilmslow started!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Excellent - does it really suck? Mine had a toy hoover that did actually pick up stuff. Win-win.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Bought mine a car today.

2k for fecking insurance - but we get a free toy meerkat!
    2k for insurance!!!!

That's the problem these days. Too much money for youngsters. Bet you paid that didn't you as opposed to them earning it!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Bought mine a car today.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Bought mine a car today.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X