• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Motorway middle lane hoggers ..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Its when you're making progress in the leftmost lane as you should, then find ShaunBhoy dithering along in the middle at 40 mph rather then leftmost, so you have to swing across two lanes rather than one to overtake.
    If you haven't spotted him until it reaches the point you have to swerve, the car in front is not the problem.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The clever person is not the one who made some dosh on stock market this week (and will lose more later), but the one who does not have gambling addiction.

There I said it thicko.
    How bloody dare you?!!!!

£20 says I don't have a gambling addiction.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yep. You're too clever for me. You must have made a fortune on the stock market this week with your insight. I only made a little.
    The clever person is not the one who made some dosh on stock market this week (and will lose more later), but the one who does not have gambling addiction.

There I said it thicko.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Yep. You're too clever for me. You must have made a fortune on the stock market this week with your insight.
    Enough to keep him in rented digs!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    He got it.

And raised with his own wit.

You did not get it.
    Yep. You're too clever for me. You must have made a fortune on the stock market this week with your insight. I only made a little.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Suddenly the pieces fall into place.
    If only that were ever to happen.
    For someone that self-confessedly ignores all prescribed speed limits, and has neither the inclination or ability to be capable of overtaking without a brace of lanes being available to him, you are remarkably vocal on this topic. Quelle surprise.
    For the record, I do NOT spend more time than necessary in any given lane of the many motorways I frequent in the course of a normal year. The difference between us sas is that I have the wisdom and extensive driving experience to be able to understand why certain motorists invoke the driving tactics they do, and to react accordingly.
    You on the other hand appear to be just the sort of weavewinking tosspot that only occasionally ventures out from your Londonistani gridlock, and arrogantly expect all other road users to park up for the day whilst you pootle your way from your eco-shed existence in lesser Wandsworth, to the ever dwindling number of vague acquaintances you may have that are still altruistic and thick-skinned enough to be able to stomach a weekend in your tedious company.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    AtW. That was maybe a little too subtle for young Mr Guru.
    He got it.

And raised with his own wit.

You did not get it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Middle lane hoggers - yer all fookin
    A succinct and possibly uncharitable argument, but I feel there may be some merit to it.
    Has anyone had the 'flat cap speeding up when you are trying to overtake them' thing? I know I have (which one of you was it?)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The solution is to build more than 3 lane motorways, ffs pathetic roads - make 4 or 6 lane ones, this will solve the problem.
    No it won't, you'll just get squadrons of dopey ShaunBhoy-like old geezers, driving line abreast lanes 2,3,4 at 45 mph.
    AtW. That was maybe a little too subtle for young Mr Guru.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The solution is to build more than 3 lane motorways, ffs pathetic roads - make 4 or 6 lane ones, this will solve the problem.
    No it won't, you'll just get squadrons of dopey ShaunBhoy-like old geezers, driving line abreast lanes 2,3,4 at 45 mph.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Middle lane hoggers - yer all fookin

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    its a safety thing
    WHS

They have found if they stick on 50mph and put in the average speed cameras, the vast majority of people understand what average in that context means. This means the traffic flows at a constant rate as there is no hard acceleration or breaking.

Though it's annoying when they do it around motorway junctions that connect to the M25 when you don't want to get off and there are speed cameras.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I'll check on the way down to Devon tonight, but I expect the answer to be "No they can't".
    Isn't Shaun from Devon?
    Suddenly the pieces fall into place.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    ...What's up with them? Can't the cretins learn to drive properly
    I'll check on the way down to Devon tonight, but I expect the answer to be "No they can't".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X