• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cameron's response

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cameron's response"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Only been here a few months and it's like England of 'the good old days'. In my case, pissing down most days.

Not sure what that straw man they're building in the field next door is for though. I think it's straw, could be wicker.
    Good Lord. You haven't put in for planning permission to extend have you?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Nah. You want SOUTH f*****g Devon for that.

Only been here a few months and it's like England of 'the good old days'. In my case, pissing down most days.

Not sure what that straw man they're building in the field next door is for though. I think it's straw, could be wicker.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Before anyone says "it's sunny where I am", it's not in north f*****g Devon, where it's supposed to be holiday home season all year round.
    Nah. You want SOUTH f*****g Devon for that.

Actually, not all that great HERE at the moment either. I can barely see Thatcher Rock through the mist.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's pretty quiet here, no riots at all

Rain stopped play. Looting (and maybe a spot of rioting as a diversionary tactic) will resume if the sun ever shines again this year.

Before anyone says "it's sunny where I am", it's not in north f*****g Devon, where it's supposed to be holiday home season all year round.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    A man around 60 was arrested today. He is an ex-employee of NOTW.

He was arrested for looting.

Probably.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's pretty quiet here, no riots at all - the food is good too.

HTH

sasguru
    HMP Belmash
    I heard he was in Wandsworth - Wandsworth jail attacked for catalogue of safety failures - Home News, UK - The Independent

I hope he's not got depressed and ....................

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It's pretty quiet here, no riots at all - the food is good too.

HTH

sasguru
    HMP Belmash

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    An Open Letter to David Cameron’s Parents « Nathaniel Tapley

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It's all an inside job by the fuzz to get more funding
    A commenter on the Sky News thinks all these riots have been deliberately fomented by the government, started by agent provacateurs where necessary, so that they can have the excuse to crack down on any dissent and impose a police state. Trouble is, I think he was being serious.

Riots: Teenagers Caught In The Violence Which Has Spread Throughout England Talk To Sky News | UK News | Sky News

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

It's all an inside job by the fuzz to get more funding. They have plain clothes coppers doing the rioting and telling the kids who join in where to run next for the best camera shots. Timed to perfection to sideline the investigation into corrupt police and journos.
    A man around 60 was arrested today. He is an ex-employee of NOTW.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Cameron's latest response

Fitting in more ways than one:

David Cameron earlier today...He couldnt have stood in a bett... on Twitpic

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Are pictures of lines of police not engaging going to get them a lot of sympathy re police cuts?

Maybe if they weren't there in the first place, or there was one copper on his own.

The images I saw had about half a dozen coppers in a line across the street.

In one scene a cop van is approaching some looters up a side street, with two riot cops at the top where the camera man is. As soon as the looters spot the van they leg it up the street towards the two riot cops, who step back into a door way out of sight!

Their argument (rightly in that scenario) is that two of them isn't enough to deal with the rushing crowd of about 20 people, but where were the other thousands of plod!?

It's all an inside job by the fuzz to get more funding. They have plain clothes coppers doing the rioting and telling the kids who join in where to run next for the best camera shots. Timed to perfection to sideline the investigation into corrupt police and journos.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Hopefully this will lead to a rebalancing of human rights so they protect the innocent as much as the guilty, without leading to a police state where rights are further eroded 'for the greater good'.

Maybe I'm too cynical for everyday life, but I get the feeling the initial poor response from the coppers in clamping down (e.g. last night in Manchester) is to further their cause against police cuts.

The bit of live news I caught last night showed the cops in central Manchester forming lines across streets but allowing the looters to run down back streets and onto other areas. It was like they didn't really want to get stuck in and box them off. They were chasing them around for hours.

Were they really so under-manned, or was it a strategy to get more sympathy from those now calling for a change in the decision to cut their numbers?
    Are pictures of lines of police not engaging going to get them a lot of sympathy re police cuts?

Maybe if they weren't there in the first place, or there was one copper on his own.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Were they really so under-manned, or was it a strategy to get more sympathy from those now calling for a change in the decision to cut their numbers?
    Say what you like about numbers being cut, but if you ever have cause (as I regularly do) to try and get parked anywhere within a Police HQ you will soon see that they are an extremely "fat" organisation. And as for their subsidised canteen queues, there were smaller ones for the lifeboats on the Titanic!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Hopefully this will lead to a rebalancing of human rights so they protect the innocent as much as the guilty, without leading to a police state where rights are further eroded 'for the greater good'.

Maybe I'm too cynical for everyday life, but I get the feeling the initial poor response from the coppers in clamping down (e.g. last night in Manchester) is to further their cause against police cuts.

The bit of live news I caught last night showed the cops in central Manchester forming lines across streets but allowing the looters to run down back streets and onto other areas. It was like they didn't really want to get stuck in and box them off. They were chasing them around for hours.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X