• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Initiative Aims to Keep Young Women Safe at Oktoberfest"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    neon green wrist band my @rse.

I went to the the oktoberfest last september wearing a neon-green 'save the hawaiian grass skirt' wristband, (plus a grass skirt), and when I woke up I was covered in puke and me bum was killing me

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Damn...actually I'm not really Darmstadt otherwise I'd be 150,000 different people
    If you would like to see the real Arturo he is performing in Blackpool tommorrow (I think). He will be doing his acoustic Punktry and Western set in the afternoon then a full blown Lurkers gig in the evening. Both brilliant. AB wanders off "Shado, shado shado"

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    I am not really Arturo Bassick you know. I chose the handle as I have been a very long time Lurker. Beginning to wish I had chosen a different handle.
    Damn...actually I'm not really Darmstadt otherwise I'd be 150,000 different people

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    I saw you support Slaughter and the Dogs once...Didn't you play In Der Au in Frankfurt earlier this year as well?
    I am not really Arturo Bassick you know. I chose the handle as I have been a very long time Lurker. Beginning to wish I had chosen a different handle.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    Don't tell everyone mate. Those festivals are becoming as touristy as Oktoberfest year on year. Should be seeing The Lone Gunman at the Cannstatter again this year.
    I saw you support Slaughter and the Dogs once...Didn't you play In Der Au in Frankfurt earlier this year as well?

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Makes it easier to spot women now who like to have more beers than the average so might be up for a spot of hide the bratwurst (sorry Weißwurst, its Bayern.) Personally I think the Oktoberfest is tulipe touristy attraction filled with drunken Brits, Aussies and Yanks (not to mention inbred Bavarian farmers.) There are far better piss-ups to be had in Germany such as the Cannstatter Volksfest or really want to go to Munich and vomit then try one of the Starkbierfests
    Don't tell everyone mate. Those festivals are becoming as touristy as Oktoberfest year on year. Should be seeing The Lone Gunman at the Cannstatter again this year.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Makes it easier to spot women now who like to have more beers than the average so might be up for a spot of hide the bratwurst (sorry Weißwurst, its Bayern.) Personally I think the Oktoberfest is tulipe touristy attraction filled with drunken Brits, Aussies and Yanks (not to mention inbred Bavarian farmers.) There are far better piss-ups to be had in Germany such as the Cannstatter Volksfest or really want to go to Munich and vomit then try one of the Starkbierfests

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Why do you think there should be as many woman drinking beer as there is men?
    Not far off, certainly not a ratio of 20:1.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    20 days festival and 7 mln tourists means 350k on average per day, 5k strips don't add up unless 345k of tourists expected to be overaged belly beer IT contractors who have left England for greener grass.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Not in the same day. Plonker.
    20 days festival and 7 mln tourists means 350k on average per day, 5k strips don't add up unless 345k of tourists expected to be overaged belly beer IT contractors who have left England for greener grass.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    PooperScooter gives you a taste of what its like when your 18 year old leaves home for the first time. You know he's naive and wet behind the years and a bit of a plonker.
    Still its quite sweet to see someone think he's the first person in the world to experience certain things

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    7 mln tourists and 5k wristbands?

Not in the same day. Plonker.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Party!

Talking to a colleague she tells me queues start the night before to guarantee entry into a tent the following day. Mad.
    I went for 8 days straight and never had a problem? Or at least I don't remember having a problem?

The fairground rides are open for half an hour after the tents shut.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Party!

Talking to a colleague she tells me queues start the night before to guarantee entry into a tent the following day. Mad.
    I presume your wristband will be easy to identify. It will be the one moving the fastest between two "close together points"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X