• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cheaper than sasguru's bedsit"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    PM me the URL in question, it will be treated as confidential.
    www.longestlist.com/vs/niches/midget1.php
    NSFW

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Pretty poor considering I bought 1000 backlinks on PR 4 sites nearly 2 years ago and about 80% are still there, that is trurly terrible performance.
    PM me the URL in question, it will be treated as confidential.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Are you still flogging majestic SEO thing? I have had a URL for about 3 years and it still only shows up with like 2 links.

Pretty poor considering I bought 1000 backlinks on PR 4 sites nearly 2 years ago and about 80% are still there, that is trurly terrible performance.

We did not thinhk it was possible that you could write anything worse than the search engine but...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    I got in 1996
    You remind me of that film: "40 year old virgin"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
    no guts no glory.....The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
    I've strategically chosen to save money in order to invest it into something better than a house that can be bought later after imminent house price crash

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
    no guts no glory.....

The biggest risk in life is not taking one.

HTH
    WHS.

He who dares Rodders, he who dares.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    I got in 1996 but was student initially, apparently it was possible to get mortgage whilst on work permit but I did not really want to stay in Wolverhampton and sharing house was much cheaper anyway.
    no guts no glory.....

The biggest risk in life is not taking one.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Fair point, shame you couldn't have got here sooner.
    I got in 1996 but was student initially, apparently it was possible to get mortgage whilst on work permit but I did not really want to stay in Wolverhampton and sharing house was much cheaper anyway.

I thought I'd buy in 2000 when startup I was working on would do IPO but boo.com crashed one month before it

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    And how exactly would I have responsibly bought house when I only got my permanent residency in late 2004? I knew some idiots on work permits bought houses, lost jobs and had to leave the country (they still had debt) - owning a house wasn't not good enough to get visa to live here!

After that I've chosen to conserve cash in order to invest it into SKA, smart choice if you ask me.
    Fair point, shame you couldn't have got here sooner.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Oh just pay for it already out of SKA petty cash for heaven's sake. It must be a financial goer by now......come on....Carpe Diem alexei. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war man.

This time next year Rodders...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    ...Carpe Diem alexei. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war man.

I think Alexei's motto should be "in the long run we are all dead"

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    You could have lived the Brum dream for the past 10 years and paid less than half what you need to pay now. I haven't done the maths but how do factor in 10 years of bedsit living?
    And how exactly would I have responsibly bought house when I only got my permanent residency in late 2004? I knew some idiots on work permits bought houses, lost jobs and had to leave the country (they still had debt) - owning a house wasn't not good enough to get visa to live here!

After that I've chosen to conserve cash in order to invest it into SKA, smart choice if you ask me.
    Last edited by AtW; 2 August 2011, 15:28.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I don't like to be in debt you cretin, that's why I have not bought the house so far.
    Oh just pay for it already out of SKA petty cash for heaven's sake. It must be a financial goer by now......come on....Carpe Diem alexei. Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war man.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I don't like to be in debt you cretin, that's why I have not bought the house so far.
    You could have lived the Brum dream for the past 10 years and paid less than half what you need to pay now.

I haven't done the maths but how do factor in 10 years of bedsit living?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    It would only be an imaginary debt, though.
    Not for the creditor it won't be!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X