• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Work Shy Lazy Underclass"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Only problem is that you have to get the job centre staff there at 8.30pm so they are ready for the masses. Remember they are civil servants and do as little work as possible.
    I totally realise that, the most unemployable person I know eventually got a job in the job center.

We should bring back the days of the cane where people who had the money to purchase such a thing were given allowance to hit people.

'Unhand that female you ruffian

and such like.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It is way of life now, I would have people signing on to sign on at 9 every morning suited and booted. Being somewhere at 9 every morning looking sharp is the first step to get them back into work life.
    Only problem is that you have to get the job centre staff there at 8.30pm so they are ready for the masses. Remember they are civil servants and do as little work as possible.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Some people out there have never had jobs, and I'm not just talking about young people.
    It is way of life now, I would have people signing on to sign on at 9 every morning suited and booted. Being somewhere at 9 every morning looking sharp is the first step to get them back into work life.

Took a shortcut down a town lane today (right next to that old theater you worked in churchy) and a junkie was sitting on a chair trying to keep his head up. 'We' have let them get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I wasn't referring to lazy women who see a man as a walking paycheque.
    Some single women happen to be able to produce a child every 7 years or so (depending on how the government changes their criteria) to ensure they don't have to work. Oh and it's the taxpayer who pays never the bloke that's if they can remember his name, and he isn't in prison.

I didn't believe it until I met one. Funny thing is that she came from a hard working family where her sister had more real issues then she had but managed to get back into work.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It's not hard if you have lots of children or conveniently plan your children to be around 7 years apart.
    I wasn't referring to lazy women who see a man as a walking paycheque.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Don't worry I know and have met a few GPs socially. They hate certain types of patient as they know what they are up to.

I also overheard one of the receptionists' at my own GP politely telling a patient where to go with sick notes. That receptionist was classic as with any patient who rang up for my GP she would broadcast their reason for ringing over the entire waiting room.
    A lot of GPs are at it with sick line requests, they want a fight with the government over why they have to do this so some of them just sign off anything and everything in an attempt to get the government to stop asking them to tick boxes for HR departments.

Past governments have just shuffled responsibility round departments for decades, most people in prisons should be in hospitals, GPs have to decide if someone is not well enough to work when their ethical commitment asks them never to disbelieve a patient presenting symptoms.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I have been out the standard working cycle for 6 months working on a plan b, hired an office but was really working on my own when I wanted and how I wanted. (have a couple of sales)

BAck to regular contracting over the last 2 weeks and it is a good feeling to get into the office again. In my mind it must be brutal being out there doing nothing for years with no direction.
    It's a vicious circle. You're not working so you get depressed and lose confidence. You're then depressed with no self confidence so you can't work. Hence the need for support to get back to work.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Some people out there have never had jobs, and I'm not just talking about young people.
    It's not hard if you have lots of children or conveniently plan your children to be around 7 years apart.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I have been out the standard working cycle for 6 months working on a plan b, hired an office but was really working on my own when I wanted and how I wanted. (have a couple of sales)

BAck to regular contracting over the last 2 weeks and it is a good feeling to get into the office again. In my mind it must be brutal being out there doing nothing for years with no direction.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yep Thatcher encouraged it.

However the next administrations - Majors and Blairs did nothing to amend it.

It was a convenient way of parking the unemployable. Luckily many of them actually got ill due to being long term unemployed.
    And one couple netted £161 million plus...

Lucky fat bastards!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Was'nt that the Tories that brought that in?
    Yep Thatcher encouraged it.

However the next administrations - Majors and Blairs did nothing to amend it.

It was a convenient way of parking the unemployable. Luckily many of them actually got ill due to being long term unemployed.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I only said "previous incumbents"

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    'Someone I know' found a patient signed off for 3 months with athletes foot as they asked for it to be renewed for another 3 months. GTF was the answer, patient turns up the next day complaining of a sore back. GTF again.

'Someone I know' spends too much time adminstrating the low lifes for the goverment, giving out sick lines for businesses and struggles to find time for the job she was trained for.
    Don't worry I know and have met a few GPs socially. They hate certain types of patient as they know what they are up to.

I also overheard one of the receptionists' at my own GP politely telling a patient where to go with sick notes. That receptionist was classic as with any patient who rang up for my GP she would broadcast their reason for ringing over the entire waiting room.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Don't forget that the previous incumbents of No10 had the habit of doctoring the unemployment figures by having people signed on invalidity rather than unemployment benefit...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X