• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Right it's 12:49 and I'm hitting the install Lion button..."

Collapse

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    From which I suspect that scooterscot is running in his admin account all the time.

If that's true then Naughty naughty scooterscot!
    Why? I am the admin...

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    Handy guide to new gestures:

Leave a comment:

• HeliCraig
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Maybe you've missed the fact that you're using a mouse?
    I use both (except today as I have just had the low battery message).. and will admit the new scrolling mode comes more naturally on the trackpad.

However I have stuck with new scrolling mode on the mouse too, and after a day of heavy use it's starting to make sense and come naturally now.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    scrolling issue fixed!

Don't like how my name is on the top right hand area of the screen all the time, how do I get rid of this?
    You really are Billy-no-mates aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Click your heels three times?

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Cheers.

Oh, in Safari zoom text only does not seem to work. Everything zooms from where ever the mouse happens to be. Hope the sort that out soonish.
    sounds like your beta testing it, so prob best report these things to apple

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    scrolling issue fixed!

Don't like how my name is on the top right hand area of the screen all the time, how do I get rid of this?
    Ah, have they enabled that by default now? Good

If it's not changed from Snow Leopard, then: System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Options and turn off the checkbox for "Show fast user switching menu".
    From which I suspect that scooterscot is running in his admin account all the time.

If that's true then Naughty naughty scooterscot!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    really not getting the point of the launch pad, I've got the dock. One simple mouse over and click the app opens. Now it's given me something extra, which I don't see the benefit of or have I missed something?
    Maybe you've missed the fact that you're using a mouse?

I never use a mouse these days - I work purely with the trackpad, and have done for years. In that context the scroll-direction-change makes perfect sense: it's exactly the same way I scroll on my phone; I drag the content the way I want it to go, rather than dragging a viewport around over the content. Maybe the launch pad also makes more sense when one is interfacing with the OS via a touch-based interface rather than a 1970s-Xerox-PARC-style mouse?

Anyway, you've still got the Dock, so just keep on using that

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    really not getting the point of the launch pad, I've got the dock. One simple mouse over and click the app opens. Now it's given me something extra, which I don't see the benefit of or have I missed something?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    access to my express card port does not appear to be working!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I'm liking swiping pages from left to right, that's no bad.

Still miss spaces...

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

If it's not changed from Snow Leopard, then: System Preferences -> Accounts -> Login Options and turn off the checkbox for "Show fast user switching menu".
    Cheers.

Oh, in Safari zoom text only does not seem to work. Everything zooms from where ever the mouse happens to be. Hope the sort that out soonish.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    scrolling issue fixed!

Click your heels three times?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    scrolling issue fixed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X