• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Edjukashun

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Edjukashun"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    There's a BEng in Pyramid Building.
    There are pyramids in my head
    There’s one underneath my bed
    And my lady’s getting cranky
    Every possible location
    Has a simple explanation
    And it isn’t hanky-panky

I had read
    Somewhere in a book, they improve all your food and your wine
    It said, that everything you grow in your garden would taste pretty fine
    Instead, all I ever get is a pain in the neck and a
    Yap yap yap yap yap yap yap

I’ve consulted all the sages
    I could find in the yellow pages
    But there aren’t many of them
    And the myan panoramas
    On my pyramid pajamas
    Haven’t helped my little problem
    I’ve been told
    Someone in the know can be sure that his luck is as
    Good as gold, money in the bank and you don’t even pay for it
    If you fold, a dollar bill in the shape of the pyramid that’s printed on the
    Back
    It’s no lie
    You can keep the edge of a razor as sharp as an
    Eagle’s eye, you can grow a hedge that is vertically straight over
    Ten feet high, all you really need is a pyramid and just a little luck
    I had read, somewhere in a book, they improve all your food and wine
    I’d been told, someone in the know can be sure of his good luck
    It’s no lie, all you need is a little bit of pyramidic help

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Don't knock it. Vocational courses are the only thing available to a lot of young folk now universities are only for clever (and fairly well off) people.*

* I haven't read the article.
    A distant relation of mine recently did a 'Working with Communities' HNC. (******' lefty twat).

Anyways, they had a 'proper' graduation ceremony, and I swear to christ, there were people there 'graduating' from courses such as 'street theatre', 'childrens puppetry' and 'modern street dance'.

Was waiting for the BSc in 'Ancient Egyptian Footwear' to get awarded.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Is there even a course to study Mickey Mouse? Probably.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Because of Labour's stupidity there are now courses on how to use Facebook, how to Twitter etc etc.

Students no longer study a subject because they are interested in it or that it is useful for a good careers. They all go for a subject that borders on "stupid" which is easy to study and get a job in a council.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed.

And they're taking an inordinate amount of time to get fusion going properly, not to mention dilithium, so I won't mention it.
    ******* free-energy gravy train!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Only clever lazy people.

Hard working thick people are useful for all sorts of menial tasks.
    Lazy thick people are useless.
    Lazy clever people create great things to take work off their hands, like the seed drill, the computer, the internal combustion engine and other labour saving devices. In doing so they advance the human condition.
    Hard working clever people are downright bloody dangerous.
    Ah, the Prussian military recruitment axioms

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Universities should only have ever been for clever people, not half the workshy bastards who currently frequent their hallowed halls!
    Only clever lazy people.

Hard working thick people are useful for all sorts of menial tasks.
    Lazy thick people are useless.
    Lazy clever people create great things to take work off their hands, like the seed drill, the computer, the internal combustion engine and other labour saving devices. In doing so they advance the human condition.
    Hard working clever people are downright bloody dangerous.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Don't knock it. Vocational courses are the only thing available to a lot of young folk now universities are only for clever (and fairly well off) people.*

Universities should only have ever been for clever people, not half the workshy bastards who currently frequent their hallowed halls!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    In this particular case it would be better to just change the stupid 'elf and safety' regulations, seeing as a basic qualification in hairdressing is more likely than a degree in meejah studies to get someone a job .

Sorry for that little sensible moment; should I return to the usual CUK flippance mode?
    Mods! Mods! Ban this account. Michs 5 year old nephew has guessed his password.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

For example an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing is worth the equivalent of six GCSEs, but students never cut hair because health and safety regulations ban the use of scissors.

In this particular case it would be better to just change the stupid 'elf and safety' regulations, seeing as a basic qualification in hairdressing is more likely than a degree in meejah studies to get someone a job .

Sorry for that little sensible moment; should I return to the usual CUK flippance mode?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    We don't need no!

Face it Dimprawn, you're just another brick in a wall.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    started a topic Edjukashun

Edjukashun

Michael Gove: 4,500 'Mickey Mouse' courses to face the axe | Mail Online

For example an NVQ level 2 in hairdressing is worth the equivalent of six GCSEs, but students never cut hair because health and safety regulations ban the use of scissors.

Brilliant!

This is the future for Britain.

Working...
X