• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anti-war goons to protest at the bbc..."

Collapse

• Clog II The Avenger
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    over its pro-government bias.

What the?

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4874590.stm

You cant pay for this kind of entertainment! Heck, if the BBC is pro-government Id hate to see the feckers when they arent!

Mailman
    I have notices many changes to the way the news is presented since the Blair purge after the Iraq war. The BBC has played down the numbers at demonstrations in this country. If there are any arrests they are referred to as “demonstrators arrested”. There were just few hundred demonstrators in Belarus after the election. The BBC referred to them as “a vast demonstation where members of the political opposition were arrested”.

In the Ukraine election Viktor Yanukovych was always referred to by the BBC as “Moscow’s Man” or even Putin’s candidate. Tony Blair was not called America’s Man or Bush’s candidate.

You need to analyze the news to notice these changes. Tony Blair compained about the BBC World Service last year. Since then the service sounds like a third world propaganda station.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    I always remembered him for Michael Bentines Potty Time rather than the Goons
    One of my favourites as a kid, much better than the Goons I reckon...or perhaps because I just couldn't stand Spike Milligan for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Bez would be a good choice if they were to bring it back

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    I see that channel 5 are remaking it

Originally posted by Churchill
    Potty Time?

with Shaun Ryder replacing Michael Bentine.
    It's going to be called Pottymouth Time............

Leave a comment:

• stackpole
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    What a barstard. My dad gave me a vinyl 45 of the Ying Tong song, from the original release which his dad bought, and I lost it.

Can't remember what was on the label but it was blue, so if any of you find it, it is mine.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Was i right?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by chef
    mailman, you crack me up

was having a pretty sh!tty day so far with a contract about to be cancelled after 3 days work and read the above.. brilliant..

screw looking for another contract, im gonna go lobby McDonalds that they're being too pro vegetarianism..
    Its good I have brought a ray of sunshine to an otherwise dark day for you

Now get out there and protest about the obvious pro-[insert who ever you dont like here] bias of your former client!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Potty Time?
    Nappy change time

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Back to the point I didn't realise there were any Goons left. Is it Michael Bentine?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    Back to the point I didn't realise there were any Goons left. Is it Michael Bentine?
    Potty Time?

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    mailman, you crack me up

was having a pretty sh!tty day so far with a contract about to be cancelled after 3 days work and read the above.. brilliant..

screw looking for another contract, im gonna go lobby McDonalds that they're being too pro vegetarianism..

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    started a topic Anti-war goons to protest at the bbc...

Anti-war goons to protest at the bbc...

over its pro-government bias.

What the?

BWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4874590.stm

You cant pay for this kind of entertainment! Heck, if the BBC is pro-government Id hate to see the feckers when they arent!

Mailman

Working...
X