• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Damn you Top Gear

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Damn you Top Gear"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    From the reports it was an independant media car that shouldnt have been where it was to begin with and should never have tried to overtake the riders.

Only specified vehicle are allowed to get in front of the leaders, generally bikes, and there are very strict rules on when there are and arn't allowed to overtake them.

Looking at the video he simply cut back in too early after the overtaking manouver.

There was more carnage further back as well. Multiple pile up at the 102k mark with one guy ending up in the trees at the side of the road with a suspected broken femur. Remember, these guys can be doing 30-40 mph within inches of each other. All it takes is one rider to make a mistake and it all goes wrong very very fast.
    That car has now been taken off the road. I suppose it was a matter of time before a car hit someone..a motorcycle already hit a rider on the third stage I think. There have been a lot of crashes this year with Wiggens out with a broken collar bone and Vinokourav out with a broken femur and possibly the end of his career.

And Cavendish didn't win today.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    A I alone in thinking that looked deliberate? Or was the guy just sending a text/checking facebook/tweeting like probably 20% of drivers I see?
    From the reports it was an independant media car that shouldnt have been where it was to begin with and should never have tried to overtake the riders.

Only specified vehicle are allowed to get in front of the leaders, generally bikes, and there are very strict rules on when there are and arn't allowed to overtake them.

Looking at the video he simply cut back in too early after the overtaking manouver.

There was more carnage further back as well. Multiple pile up at the 102k mark with one guy ending up in the trees at the side of the road with a suspected broken femur. Remember, these guys can be doing 30-40 mph within inches of each other. All it takes is one rider to make a mistake and it all goes wrong very very fast.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    A I alone in thinking that looked deliberate? Or was the guy just sending a text/checking facebook/tweeting like probably 20% of drivers I see?
    Nah it's the Suitys on their way to the south of France, SY01 just realised he should be driving on the right.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Talking of Mad Max, the car always wins.
    (Snipped video out)

Apparently the guy that got punted into the barbed wire fence needed 30 stitches but waited until he'd finished the stage before getting them. Ballsy to even get back on the bike when the crew cars are on a rampage.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Top Gear last night - aaaarrrrrggghhh! Not only is Sebastian Vettel a f***ing great driver, but he appears to have a good sense of humour as well.

and what's wrong with that?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied

Apparently the guy that got punted into the barbed wire fence needed 30 stitches but waited until he'd finished the stage before getting them. Ballsy to even get back on the bike when the crew cars are on a rampage.
    I was watching that live and it took me a minute or two to realise what the hell happened. The two riders finished a few minutes behind the peleton and recieved a special award for their efforts. well deserved I think.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Don't know what he's complaining about:

The new north-south divide: Two families 300 miles apart earn 50k but one struggles and the other lives in luxury | Mail Online

Edit: Having read the article I'm not suprised the southerners are struggling if they have to pay 600k for a tiny 3 bed house! Madness. You could buy your own postcode area up north for that. If you don't mind having metal doors and window shutters.
    For the love of God SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    I don't want them whining southern t**ts moving up here

EDIT: for the benefit of the southerns, it's all still whippets and flat caps up here, and it's impossible to find a decent deli. Infact, I don't even know what a deli is!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post
    They're saving them for "the day" - think "Mad Max" coz it's gonna happen!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    But I thought he was German?
    Indeed he is - there's my problem

I've got a couple of German friends who enjoy a good laugh (no, really ) but a fun-loving German in the dour, self-obsessed world of F1 is just too confusing.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1426278_jeremy-clarkson-id-rather-quit-top-gear-than-join-bbc-move-to-small-suburb-salford

Don't know what he's complaining about:

The new north-south divide: Two families 300 miles apart earn 50k but one struggles and the other lives in luxury | Mail Online

Edit: Having read the article I'm not suprised the southerners are struggling if they have to pay 600k for a tiny 3 bed house! Madness. You could buy your own postcode area up north for that. If you don't mind having metal doors and window shutters.
    Last edited by PAH; 11 July 2011, 16:57.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Top Gear last night - aaaarrrrrggghhh! Not only is Sebastian Vettel a f***ing great driver, but he appears to have a good sense of humour as well.
    But I thought he was German?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I have sorted out your tautology by removing the redundant "back" above
    HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    The prices may rise off the back of that Top Gear piece but they will probably revert to previous levels fairly quickly when people realise how much it costs to run one of these beasts.
    I have sorted out your tautology by removing the redundant "back" above
    HTH.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Clarkson is at it again!

menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1426278_jeremy-clarkson-id-rather-quit-top-gear-than-join-bbc-move-to-small-suburb-salford

Leave a comment:

Working...
X