• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Baby gender scan

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Baby gender scan"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Coincidence that the lowest points coincide with the time people are having or raising kids, and then jumps dramatically when those kids leave home?
    Nope, no coincidence at all

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Happiness is smile shaped

(doesnt mention kids though)
    Coincidence that the lowest points coincide with the time people are having or raising kids, and then jumps dramatically when those kids leave home?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Research into happiness suggests that our levels of happiness change throughout our lives.
    People were asked how satisfied they are with their lives.
    Most people start off happy and become progressively less happy as they grow older.
    For many people, the most miserable period in their life is their 40s.
    After that most people's levels of happiness climb.
    This graph shows average life satisfaction based on extensive research from the British Household Panel Survey between 1991 and 2003.
    It seems men are slightly happier on average than women in their teens, but women bounce back and overtake men later in life.

Women start with lower levels of average life satisfaction than men.
    The low point seems to last for longer for women - throughout their 30s and 40s, only climbing once women reach 50. Then women tend to overtake men. Men start slightly higher than women on average, and their lowest point is their 40s, climbing again once they reach 50

The female (red line) is smirking, you can’t trust 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    [/SIZE]
    According to that I should be about ready to shoot myself

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Child free & happy

Research into happiness suggests that our levels of happiness change throughout our lives.
    People were asked how satisfied they are with their lives.
    Most people start off happy and become progressively less happy as they grow older.
    For many people, the most miserable period in their life is their 40s.
    After that most people's levels of happiness climb.
    This graph shows average life satisfaction based on extensive research from the British Household Panel Survey between 1991 and 2003.
    It seems men are slightly happier on average than women in their teens, but women bounce back and overtake men later in life.

Women start with lower levels of average life satisfaction than men.
    The low point seems to last for longer for women - throughout their 30s and 40s, only climbing once women reach 50. Then women tend to overtake men. Men start slightly higher than women on average, and their lowest point is their 40s, climbing again once they reach 50

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I don't have any children, just wondering if anybody else here doesn't as well. Perhaps a poll?
    Child free & happy

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Couldn't you adopt a girl, that's always one option ?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Well my children run around kicking things, digging holes, painting their fathers nails while he "sleeps" and inventing incomprehensible games which can only be won by farting loudly or dropping a paper water bomb on someones head.

I think I'm doing OK at parenting.

Oh, and to get back on topic, I have three boys and a girl. SY, I hope for your sanity you get another boy.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Yours still up?
    No. This is AtW, I'm just waiting for my sofa delivery.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    It's all down to parenting skills.

Good parents have children who are polite, clever and sleep well at night. Bad parents have kids who run amok, are rude and play up at night.
    Yours still up?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Jeez. You have my deepest, most sincere sympathies. Just remember - it'll pass.

Only to be overtaken by the next wave of crap.
    It's all down to parenting skills.

Good parents have children who are polite, clever and sleep well at night. Bad parents have kids who run amok, are rude and play up at night.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Never mind the kids, tell us more about you and the massage lady.

Sitting comfortably?

I will freely admit that in my past, I've spent some time with women. One woman in particular.

She helped my son with his severe constipation.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    WSS. With the palm of your hand. A massage lady told me to follow this up with gentle pressing round the tummy, also clockwise. Worked a treat.

It's Mumsnet night!!
    Never mind the kids, tell us more about you and the massage lady.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    If I had 4 million kids, the little f.kcers would sleep when I told them to.
    Ah, the catholic upbringing. Lots to be said for it.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Poor naive MP. Even if I had Buck Pal they would still be facebooking each other.
    If I had 4 million kids, the little f.kcers would sleep when I told them to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X