• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Official Insomnia Thread"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Is that Horlicks with booze, or something one would find on Urban Dictionary?
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    WSMS - Nothing helps with restful sleep like a "Gentleman's Horlicks"

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I suffer from it terribly. I find drinking a bottle of wine a night works for me, but it's not very healthy.
    You should partake of a "Gentleman's Horlicks" just before retiring.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I suffer from it terribly. I find drinking a bottle of wine a night works for me, but it's not very healthy.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Tulip. I've slept through my alarm and now I'm late.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Didn't get to sleep until past 2:30.*

Been wide awake since 4:30.**

Not through choice.

Some wretched party week going on and it's driving me nuts.

* closing time at 2 am
    ** bin men scraping a load of broken glass off the floor, and chucking it into a collector bin at the back of a dustbin wagon. Further crunches as the dustbin wagon consumed that lot and packed it down.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Wide awake!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I have about 5-6 hours sleep every night, been that since I was on a rotating continental shift pattern for about 4 years. I used to sleep about 10 hours before that.

It's great, you get to pack more stuff in a day. Never feel tired or the need to have naps.
    +1 (without the shift bit)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Well for either the third or fourth consecutive night I am wide awake as 2am approaches, all this after giving up coffee a week ago!

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Yeah. Suffered from it for years. It's always at its worst when I know I have to get up early so Sunday nights can be a nightmare.

I've actually had a few occassions where I haven't slept at all & then have had to battle through the next day feeling like absolute crap.

This has all got a lot better since I discovered Nytol. Just pop a couple of those down about 30 minutes before you go to bed & you'll be fine.

Leaves me feeling a little drowsy the next day but nothing as bad as that awful feeling you get when tyou've had no sleep at all - cold sweats, nausea etc.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Correct. That is exactly what happens.
    You oldies do need your rest.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yawn.
    Correct. That is exactly what happens.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Try reading a few d000hg posts. But make sure you set your alarm.

HTH

Yawn.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Leave a comment:

Working...
X