• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone on here own a hot tub?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I don't think I want to click on that link.
    oh jeez. I clicked.

now I have to have one. must get one

must get the Freddie.jet version

is this the hot tub
    is this just fantasy
    caught in a whirlpool
    no escape from jet-bumosity

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    One piece of advice, place it in the shade if you can and more obviously away from prying neighbours

I've got mine set up so I can sit in it and work on my laptop if I want to be really geeky, and its shaded enough I wont get burnt if I stay out there at midday

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I'm guessing she doesnt have one of these then

Jill-Jet
    I suppose hot tubs aren't that tacky. Might get one. Ahem.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Ah Go On.

Go On, Go On, Go On.

Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On, Go On.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Jill-Jet

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    I'm not sure if they're tacky. I think they've got a certain 1980's cheese about them perhaps, but for me, I would sooner have one than a swimming pool - swimming bores me to tears.

We have a Jacuzzi bath too, but even though its a bit bigger than the norm, I'm 6'2 and have big shoulders, so I can never get comfy and end up getting frustrated and getting out more annoyed than when I got in it.

A small anecdote about a friend of a friend who has a tub, and she brings back a different bloke every week for 'hot tub' action apparently - I know her next door neighbour, who tells me there's more spunk in there than water
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Anecdote - short and amusing story. Not sure tales of a spunk filled hot tub is an anecdote.

Jill-Jet

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    A small anecdote about a friend of a friend who has a tub, and she brings back a different bloke every week for 'hot tub' action apparently - I know her next door neighbour, who tells me there's more spunk in there than water
    Anecdote - short and amusing story. Not sure tales of a spunk filled hot tub is an anecdote.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Aren't hot tubs hugely tacky?

I really don't get them - isn't a bath easier?
    I'm not sure if they're tacky. I think they've got a certain 1980's cheese about them perhaps, but for me, I would sooner have one than a swimming pool - swimming bores me to tears.

We have a Jacuzzi bath too, but even though its a bit bigger than the norm, I'm 6'2 and have big shoulders, so I can never get comfy and end up getting frustrated and getting out more annoyed than when I got in it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The neighbours have bought one of these

Lay Z Spa Premium XL Inflatable Hot Tub

They're actually really good and my missus and kids keep popping next door to use it. About £400-£500 quid.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Along with a tin of baked bins you probably get the same effect

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Ah, but if you put 'I have my own hot tub' on your dating site profile, you're likely to get even stranger replies

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Get a Spa membership instead.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    I've got a pond, does that count?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    Absolutely brilliant film. The moment where the kid goes to rugby tackle the bloke banging his mum, only to disappear into oblivion because of the interruption, which then necessitates said fellow to finish the job to bring back his mate..... Gennnnnnnnius
    Have you seen "The Butterfly Effect"? Absolutely brilliant (and not the rubbishy sequels).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X