• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Tin Hats

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tin Hats"

Collapse

• Moose423956
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Now where did I put that mass driver?

I'm sure it's around here somewhere...

Maybe it's under the dilithium crystals.
    Where's Captain James T Kirk when you need him?

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Yep. Coronation Street with the recent tram crash showed us that it is acceptable behaviour to both 'off' pestulant people and rob the local offie at times of crisis.
    Indeed and if its on TV, it must be true

But in all seriousness, a large meteor strike would destroy modern civilisation ......

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    I cant wait for an apocalypse such as a metroid strike. I can kill my neighbours and people I dont like in the mayhem ...

Yep. Coronation Street with the recent tram crash showed us that it is acceptable behaviour to both 'off' pestulant people and rob the local offie at times of crisis.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    All it takes is a slight wobble in the earths orbit ....

Quickly .... everybody go to china and jump up and down .....

I cant wait for an apocalypse such as a metroid strike. I can kill my neighbours and people I dont like in the mayhem ...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Seven thousand five hundred metres is indeed close
    I think the OP meant miles, not metres
    (being old he was probbly in school before all this decimalisation and metricalisation nonsense)

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Nice, although in that zoomed in view it seems as if the asteroid's path is almost perpendicular to the ecliptic, coming from nowhere and disappearing into the void. A more zoomed out view is also illuminating, as it shows that the asteroid is an earth companion, travelling in roughly the same plane and orbit as the earth and at roughly the same speed. But if so does raise the question why it's not been seen before and when we are likely to get another close encounter.

It would be great if it hit the moon, or could be captured.
    Great view - looking at it that way you can see the chances of an asteroid hitting the earth are like a hundred, thousand, million chances in o.^%4$

<transmission ended>

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Some nifty animated gifs of the goings on here
    Nice, although in that zoomed in view it seems as if the asteroid's path is almost perpendicular to the ecliptic, coming from nowhere and disappearing into the void. A more zoomed out view is also illuminating, as it shows that the asteroid is an earth companion, travelling in roughly the same plane and orbit as the earth and at roughly the same speed. But if so does raise the question why it's not been seen before and when we are likely to get another close encounter.

It would be great if it hit the moon, or could be captured.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Some nifty animated gifs of the goings on here

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    there is an asteroid on its way. On monday, it will pass within 7500 m of the earth

thats close.
    Seven thousand five hundred metres is indeed close

Luckily, it's only the size of two or three double-decker buses. So it'll be like the usual Monday morning scenario of several objects having the dimensions of a bus zooming past without stopping

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    <slopes off down the garden with a shovel>
    *looks in local paper for properties with their own Nuclear bunkers*

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    <slopes off down the garden with a shovel>

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic Tin Hats

Tin Hats

Dont forget guys

there is an asteroid on its way. On monday, it will pass within 7500 m of the earth

thats close.

Scientists have predicted that if it gets deflected, and lands in Liverpool , Englandland, it could cause up to 1 billion pounds worth of improvements

Working...
X