• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Yay, go Girl go

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yay, go Girl go"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Great news EO.

A very worthwhile career

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    OH - just popped by and saw this - fricken brilliant

You must all be pleased as punch

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Just heard the news.

She interviewed last week

got the job offer today.

I have a tear in me eye here.

That's terrific

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Did she accept?

Great news - hope she loves it.
    oh yes. snatched their hand off.

thanks all - very much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Just heard the news.

got the job offer today.

Did she accept?

Great news - hope she loves it.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just heard the news.

got the job offer today.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Just heard the news.

got the job offer today.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just heard the news.

got the job offer today.

Bedwetter.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Just heard the news.

got the job offer today.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It only happens when I'm on drugs.
    I didn't realise it was a constant theme in your life.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Anyone who can comfort one of MF's male drug rape victims deserves our utmost repsect.
    It only happens when I'm on drugs.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Dream analysis
    Brill... you should start a CUK Official " Post your dreams for analysis"

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    A mate of a mate of mine is a paramedic. The other week he was recounting how he had to go and find the penis a man had removed from himself. Lovely job!
    Anyone who can comfort one of MF's male drug rape victims deserves our utmost repsect.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    A mate of a mate of mine is a paramedic. The other week he was recounting how he had to go and find the penis a man had removed from himself. Lovely job!
    A bit like stewie in family guy? Find your penis for a dollar?

What a horrible job to do, looking for a blood soaked penis and then having to touch it.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Please do.
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Yes please enlighten us all
    Okies. Just to make it clear, I’m not a hippy that believes in unicorns or anything. When I was younger, I might have rolled my eyes at such a thing and lump it with horoscopes. Just from past dreams/nightmares when I was younger and ignored, then ones after, which I took notice of, they did actually help, by maybe steering me towards thoughts I was suppressing or ignoring. I can see how some things, such as clouds for instance may symbolise the same thing over almost all cultures.

Anyway on to you. An aquarium can represent that you are aware of your feelings, but you have not yet confronted them fully or that you have subconscious thoughts or desires you would like to address. Perhaps you're seeking some kind of emotional support. Apparently it's a very common dream to those going through therapy or those addressing their deep down feelings.

Swimming confirms this as to swim in a dream symbolises that you are exploring aspects of your mind and subconscious and you are submerged in trying to deal with it. Swimming underwater, further confirms your battle with your emotions.

Please correct me if I’m wrong (as it would mean something completely different and rarer if you liked it and felt no embarrassment) but I will assume the feeling of nakedness might have been slightly embarrassing for you in the dream, coupled with the other signs, especially when you realised you were being watched. So in this circumstance, being naked suggests you feel vulnerable to others, insecure, foolish or not good enough, maybe if others see your emotions or difficulties you are trying to evaluate. The Freud school of thought linked it towards sexuality, while many others linked it towards your own self image.

Being watched is just more validation of how vulnerable you feel. You might be feeling scrutinised, criticised or lacking the privacy in your work environment or personal relationships, perhaps even suffocated.

The part about the women is a bit hard to tell and the really interesting part as it all depends on who they are and what they are doing. The exact way they were acting and this is the part of the dream I would focus on and try to remember the most. Women in a dream, for a man that is, are related to our emotional aspects and how we feel. Also they refer mainly to one of the choices below, however some aspects from other points may be applicable; it depends on their behaviour in the dream:

- If they were talking and/or pointing it would refer to gossip, maybe if some of your feelings may be public and you're afraid of those you work or live with discussing them behind your back.
    - If they were observing you through the glass silently, just average women, it could symbolise happiness, nurturing and the general caring we associate with mothers.

However you said they were beautiful. So from what you say, I think these two options below are more likely:

- If they were just looking gorgeous, watching you but not overtly staring at you, it could signify temptation and guilt in general. Maybe something that's already happened or maybe feelings you may have for someone in real life that tempts you.
    - However if in that group, one or two were prominent and you recognise them from real life, instead of being a random face, it may reflect concerns and feelings you have about that beautiful woman in particular, similar to those listed in the previous option.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I had a dream that I was swimming naked in a massive aquarium tank swimming pool and all around the sides were beautiful women looking in.
    Was MF's foot hovering over you keeping you underwater until your lifeless body went limp?

OK, that must just be in my dreams

Leave a comment:

Working...
X