• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "sunday links from a saddle from a blackberry"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    The combination of helmet cam and being lit from behind around 07:40 makes it look like you have something growing out of your head.

He does!!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The combination of helmet cam and being lit from behind around 07:40 makes it look like you have something growing out of your head.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Admittedly the camera is on my helmet so the most you can see is my neighbour in the Bianchi cycling shirt mostly cycling in front.

Helmet cam footage is a bit ropey and also at a jaunty angle. The microphone is very dim so I replaced with a soundtrack.

Will post some photos later when I get them from him.

Inspiring stuff Suity. Almost 9 and a half minutes of some lardbucket's arse as he pootles along at granny pace.
    Nice line of happy-looking motorists on your right hand side too, I bet they were going out of their way to vocally support you.

PS You might want to consider editing out the bit where that old lady hares past on her mobility scooter. Spoils it a bit.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Here you go at last

Admittedly the camera is on my helmet so the most you can see is my neighbour in the Bianchi cycling shirt mostly cycling in front.

Helmet cam footage is a bit ropey and also at a jaunty angle. The microphone is very dim so I replaced with a soundtrack.

Will post some photos later when I get them from him.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Nice one Suity! Tomorrow's the day the pain will really kick in
    Well done Suity.

P.S. Admin is right.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Nice one Suity! Tomorrow's the day the pain will really kick in

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    How about..............

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Can you add the Benny Hill soundtrack for us or will I just have to imagine it?
    On the road through Ditchling village I was singing Chris Rea's "This is the road to hell"

This is a contender for a sound track

Although I may also go with Toca's "I need a miracle" ..

Benny Hill version could well get given a go

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Where's the link?
    All of them are on my bike chain.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Thanks all. I have collated plenty of evidence for the naysayer (FullyAutomatix) and will scrape it all off the memory cards later.

Any Owly, I did have a helmet cam. Not sure if I got the angle quite right so it will be interesting to see how the footage turns out. If it works I will have some cracking footage of the last 3 miles to the finishing line, with me moaning like a train about all the red lights we had to stop at.

Also hopefully some footage of when we were cycling through Tooting and this guys tyre burst. It sounded like a gun shot, and for a split second all the cyclists looked worried.
    Can you add the Benny Hill soundtrack for us or will I just have to imagine it?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Thanks all. I have collated plenty of evidence for the naysayer (FullyAutomatix) and will scrape it all off the memory cards later.

Any Owly, I did have a helmet cam. Not sure if I got the angle quite right so it will be interesting to see how the footage turns out. If it works I will have some cracking footage of the last 3 miles to the finishing line, with me moaning like a train about all the red lights we had to stop at.

Also hopefully some footage of when we were cycling through Tooting and this guys tyre burst. It sounded like a gun shot, and for a split second all the cyclists looked worried.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Good effort Suity.

Well done that man.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Yes indeed. Well done Suity. Good effort.
    Hope you did not take up any of those offers from those moustachioed Freddie-Mercury lookalikes to rub cream into your aching botty cheeks. If you did then I predict your rusty sherrif's badge will hurt far more than you'd anticipated by about now!

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Well done SuitYou ! I cannot bring myself to believe you actually did this !

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Well done Suity. Let us know how you feel tomorrow

Leave a comment:

Working...
X