• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Issues with a Lava Lamp"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

To be fair none of my mates or family have bean bags.

And it's not because I burst them. They realised they don't like decorating their houses with student furniture.
    I quite like the fatboy ones, they would work well in the garden. If I had a garden.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm tying to ascertain the dimensions of SueEllens arse.

To be fair none of my mates or family have bean bags.

And it's not because I burst them. They realised they don't like decorating their houses with student furniture.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    To be fair if anyone were to dive-bomb into a beanbag it would explode.
    I'm tying to ascertain the dimensions of SueEllens arse.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    To be fair if anyone were to dive-bomb into a beanbag it would explode.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The new ones are filled with polystyrene balls so are more comfortable.

However regardless of what they are filled with if the inner bag bursts you are screwed.

Hence I never have had one.
    Is that because you is humongous and would burst the bag?

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The old ones tended to become infested with bean eating insects.

Lovely.
    Oh that's just not right - I thought the crunching sound when I sat on the beanbag was the polystyrene... can't be as bad as me lifting up the carpets and discovering a dead and very flat frog underneath.....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    I did once upon a time have a bean bag to sit on. I never knew why anyone would want one, as they were uncomfortable and noisey, not good man!
    The new ones are filled with polystyrene balls so are more comfortable.

However regardless of what they are filled with if the inner bag bursts you are screwed.

Hence I never have had one.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The wax and the oil start to mix together after repeated use so you have to buy a new bottle.
    It's not a cloudy bottle, which suggests what you're saying. I think it's just a case of bad luck.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The wax and the oil start to mix together after repeated use so you have to buy a new bottle.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    sitting on my bean bag in my leopard skin thong.
    Please someone pass me the mind bleach

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    My lava lamp is now just a blob sat at the bottom of the glass jar. I'm so terribly miffed

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I also have a limited edition Matmos Lava Lamp in a nice fetching fluffy green with pink wax which tends to only be turned on at Christmas now, still works. I also have a Matmos light show thingy, a bit like those oil light shows that you used to see at Pink Floyd concerts in the 60's, great with the lights turned off sitting on my bean bag in my leopard skin thong.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    I did once upon a time have a bean bag to sit on. I never knew why anyone would want one, as they were uncomfortable and noisey, not good man!

Lava lamps are truly brilliant, just because they were invented in the 60s or 70s that doesn't mean they're for old hippy types. I think everyone should have one

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    oh god I'd fogotten about the inflatable chairs

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I thought lava lamps were 70's

What else have you got?

Do you have a Space hopper?
    There is a resurgence of interest with university students every few years.

A few of my mates at universities I went to had lava lamps, space hoppers, plastic inflatable chairs, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X