• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This just doesn't add up"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Switch your keyboard to German, and it's Alt Gr + m.

whaaa, i tried it, and my keyboard invaded my monitor

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Really?

I want one too.
    Switch your keyboard to German, and it's Alt Gr + m.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Really?

I want one too.
    Are you a civil servant?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Six of one and half a dozen of the other.
    Well, yes, but then they could have left the swords and the bag at home....

I have just discovered a µ key on my keyboard. Awesome.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Might have helped if they'd checked to see if she was in the country at the time.
    I would have thought checking she was out of the country would have been more sensible TBH.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    She died in the boot of the car.

He was finally caught in the centre of Morriston (near Swansea).
    What a horrible way to go.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post

How? They failed in every respect. They didn't kill her, they didn't get any money, they just got caught with a load of incriminating evidence. If only all criminals were that incompetent.
    Expect to see them on an episode of "UK Dummest Criminals"

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    On the day after they were caught the Metro said that police had recovered notes saying

"Kill Joss Stone, money in the safe"

"Find river to dump the body"

Firstly, how tulip were this pair. They documented the crime they were about to commit. Also, did they have Alzheimer’s or something? Why did they need to write themselves such pointless notes.

"tulip what are we doing in this woman’s house? What should we do now? Oh yes (uncrumples paper). Kill Joss and get the money from the safe"

Finally, why when you have a dead body in your car, do you then start to look for a river to dump it in? Surely find a suitable stretch of water when your time is not at as much of a premium as it might be when you are trundling around the countryside with a dead and leaking corpse of a pop start in your tiny Fiat!

Sounds like a game of extreme geocaching. I thought we all played it during the breaks between Dexter seasons.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Exactly - the failed in all respects. The only thing that they managed was to find her house!
    Which was their undoing.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post

How? They failed in every respect. They didn't kill her, they didn't get any money, they just got caught with a load of incriminating evidence. If only all criminals were that incompetent.
    Exactly - the failed in all respects. The only thing that they managed was to find her house!

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    well they were not THAT incompetent. They got the job done. It was just the post-implementation-support-plan that sucked.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    well they were not THAT incompetent. They got the job done. It was just the post-implementation-support-plan that sucked.
    I don't think they did. They didn't even make it as far as breaking in. Definitely not a couple of criminal masterminds.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    On the day after they were caught the Metro said that police had recovered notes saying

Firstly, how tulip were this pair. They documented the crime they were about to commit. Also, did they have Alzheimer’s or something? Why did they need to write themselves such pointless notes.

"tulip what are we doing in this woman’s house? What should we do now? Oh yes (uncrumples paper). Kill Joss and get the money from the safe"

Finally, why when you have a dead body in your car, do you then start to look for a river to dump it in? Surely find a suitable stretch of water when your time is not at as much of a premium as it might be when you are trundling around the countryside with a dead and leaking corpse of a pop start in your tiny Fiat!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I was nearly run over some years ago by a local miscreant who had the dying body of his gf in the boot of his car as he searched for somewhere to dump her.

She was dying because he'd hit her on the head with a lump hammer.

Scum bag hanged himself in gaol about 6 weeks before he was due to let out on license.

No consideration.

He could have done it 9 years earlier & saved the country a small fortune.
    What happened to her?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X