• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Recommended agencies"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by mocha_01 View Post
    I would avoid PeopleSource.

I went for a job interview several weeks ago and haven't heard from them since, even though I sent an email asking for feedback!!!

Their communication was bad from the off. They were overly familiar and told very foolish lies concerning the job.
    Your standard is WAAAAY too high, matey boy! You are describing normal behaviour.

Nobody does feedback these days.

When I first started work you used to get updates from Personnel on progress and then a signed letter saying "not this time, but we'll keep you on file".

These days you have to hassle the agent for the contract, ID forms, everything. I'm surprised they bother to tell you when you do have the gig.

If you want to blacklist agencies because of poor communication, I can offer a filter to improve efficiency: *

Yes, there are exceptions: when a given agent is bored they will pick up the phone or send an email. Also, over the years I have come to know the odd agent who is responsive for a while; but they forget you when someone else places you.

Remember: the agency is the customer, you are just scum. Once you get used to that, it'll stop hurting so much.

(blimey, a 3 year old thread!)

Leave a comment:

• mocha_01
    replied
    I would avoid PeopleSource.

I went for a job interview several weeks ago and haven't heard from them since, even though I sent an email asking for feedback!!!

Their communication was bad from the off. They were overly familiar and told very foolish lies concerning the job.

Leave a comment:

• crabapple
    replied
    Sandersons, not Pendragon

Very good experiences with Sandersons
    Avoid Pendragon at all costs. They have been the bane of my life for the past 12 months - late payment, broken promises, unresponsive accounts dept.

Leave a comment:

• ace00
    replied
    Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Me too, I'm working through them at the moment and much as it pains me, I've got nothing but good things to say about them.
    I'll 3rd that - a decent agency (Modis).

As far as big & bad I think Progressive are just pathetic.
    Last edited by ace00; 9 September 2008, 06:26. Reason: added Modis

Leave a comment:

• Solent
    replied
    Monarch Recruitment have turned out to be bl**dy good. Where they have a term in their contract to specify for the first month they will pay weekly and there after monthly, it will obviously help people that have been on the bench for a while, but the bloke I deal with is very amicable, helpful etc. Very good agency

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I agree about Spring. I used an agency once called Best International and they were pretty good. They got bought out by Spring midway through the contract and the service went downhill rapidly. I ended up not renewing the contract because I couldn't face dealing with Spring anymore - they even closed the direct accounts phone number so not only did they start cocking up payments, you couldn't even phone them up about it.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    I have found PSP recruitment to be one of the best.

I'd say 2 agencies to avoid are Spring & Reed recruitment.

Spring are shyte. During the Barclays rate cut era they were only bothered with saving their arses and couldnt give a toss about the contractors.

Biggest bunch of ******* going.

Reed take such a big cut out of the rate they are always £25 - £50 a day less than other agencies. Twats!

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
    Sounds like an introduction agency for threesomes
    I'd never noticed that!

A mate of mine told me to check out dp review - you can imagine my disappointment.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    I had a contract through DP Connect a good few years back, and also found them excellent.
    Sounds like an introduction agency for threesomes

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    JM Contracts used to be my favourites but I haven't used an agency for 3 years now.

Leave a comment:

• voodooflux
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboy Bob View Post
    I've found DPConnect to be one of the better agencies.
    I had a contract through DP Connect a good few years back, and also found them excellent.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    I've found DPConnect to be one of the better agencies. On top of not being slimy they run a PAYE payroll (no need for an umbrella if you don't have a Ltd) and pay bi-monthly. The agency is run mostly by women from the MD down, so that might tell you something...

Syntax Recruitment up in Derby are pretty good as well if you're looking for work in the midlands.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Haven't had any problems with Rullion on this contract.

Leave a comment:

• morsing
    replied
    I can recommend e-CRM People as well even though they made a rather big mistake at least they admitted it and apologised.

Also, Dudley at Connexions and Callum at Recruit360 are both fantastic and very honest people.

I've dealt with a couple of other very honest, helpful agents but can't remember right now.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I had a long contract via Spring where their service was excellent.
    More recently I was contracted via Morsons and they were no bother at all to deal with.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X