• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Tenants priced out of the housing market as rents rise"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Our team is mainly based in Birmingham and I like it here.
    Then get used to rising rents, rising house prices, rising taxes, rising inflation, falling income and lower overall std of living. Probably for the rest of your life.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    No, somewhere warm, cheap rents or property prices, that isn't in meltdown due to debt.
    Our team is mainly based in Birmingham and I like it here.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Like where, Newcastle?
    No, somewhere warm, cheap rents or property prices, that isn't in meltdown due to debt.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Please do the needful and piss off somewhere sensible.
    Like where, Newcastle?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You should not be.

You are a living proof that rates need to go up and prudent home owners should not go bankrupt because of that.
    FFS AtW, you have a business model that can be run from almost anywhere in the world, and yet you choose Brum in the UK, a bankrupt country with high taxes, high cost of living, and a poor overall std of living.

You are also single with no family ties here and no friends.

Please do the needful and piss off somewhere sensible.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    So if I was to have a house with a low mortgage, that I rent out for a high price I could be laughing......

Oh wait that is EXACTLY what I have!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

You are a living proof that rates need to go up and prudent home owners should not go bankrupt because of that.
    And you are living proof that the BTL option is still a decent Plan B.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Ooh, let's see, about £700 a month. Boy, will I be in big trouble then!
    You should not be.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

And what would it be when rates go back up to 5%?
    Ooh, let's see, about £700 a month.

Boy, will I be in big trouble then!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Express.co.uk : Cheaper home loans to stay

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    (My mortgage, for a one-bedroom flat in South Ken, is £500 a month BTW)

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Told you so.

Which you could easily rent out for 2k a month without a problem in that area.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

The RICS said that 42 per cent more surveyors reported rents rose rather than fell in the three months to April. It added that rents in some areas have now risen so sharply that previously affordable homes are now unattainable to many, as an increasing number of renters are priced out of the market.

--

AtW's comment:

Told you so.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I should really put the rent up for my 2 bed, currently 975 but I understand others in the area a charing 1150 to 1250

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It's not as if priced out people can move to tent city in the UK either. The only option seems to be to live in a van.
    Or on a sofa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X