• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad News from Hain."

Collapse

• threaded
    replied
    I think the bad guys realise how much damage he is doing without any help. They're not daft y'know.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Is it or isn't it a "Motoring Suplement"?

Now feck off fatboy, isn't it time for your pies?
    "motoring supllement"

"Motoring Suplement"?

I'll help you. It's a "motoring supplement".

Mmm. It's time for my pie.

Fungus in condescending mode.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

You were trying to be pretentious and were caught out. We know you only look at the pictures anyways.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Also that there are certain saloon cars that will be taxed at the £210 rate and I don't mean BMW M5s either, normal saloons!
    Yes there are, but not your average Mondeo or 3 series. You have to be up in the 2.8l plus range *and* it must have been registered after 23rd March this year for it to be caught.

Example - I drive a Saab 93, 1.9 turbo diesel. 150 bhp, it's no slouch and makes BMW drivers sick when they realise it costs about 5 grand less than their car for a better spec. Road tax on it hasnt changed - Still £135.

You have to get to the 2.8 petrol engine V6 Turbo nutter bastard spec ( 250 bhp without the optional tuning package ) before you are going to be hit for the £210 tax. If you bought it before the changes then your still on the £195 tax bracket.

I have no problem with the new tax bands, you want to drive a gas guzzling monster thats your perogative, but you still have to pay for the extra pollution you cause.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    By lying to parliament he is obviously just showing he is a prime minister in waiting.

threaded in "the section is actually called 'driving'" mode

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Winge! Winge! Winge!

Do you lot use your vote or what?
    Use it, and then shut the feck up!

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    By lying to parliament he is obviously just showing he is a prime minister in waiting.

threaded in "the section is actually called 'driving'" mode

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish
    Blair has to go sooner rather than later. Yes he could stay on and keep producing the negative press, but all that does in make Brown look like a more creidble alternative. What is needed is for Blair to step down and Brown to have as short a honeymoon period as possible. The worst scenario is Blair stepping down 12 months before the next election and Brown getting a victory because he is not as bad as Blair.

I'd also like to see NL getting as much bad press as the tories suffered. What they are getting now is nothing to what they deserve. Today it is expected that they will announce that they are missing the CO2 figures. What does Brown do, slap a £40 tax onto large cars. What does Blair do, step onto a plane and fly to the other side of the world. How much CO2 is produced by all the cars in the UK in comparison to the amount produced when the Blair tribe go on thier freeloaders holidays around the globe?
    I was reading the Sunday Times motoring supllement last night(Yes I know yesterday was Monday) and there was a small article pointing out that there are no vehicles sold in the UK that meet the "No Tax" emission statistics.

Also that there are certain saloon cars that will be taxed at the £210 rate and I don't mean BMW M5s either, normal saloons!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Blair has to go sooner rather than later. Yes he could stay on and keep producing the negative press, but all that does in make Brown look like a more creidble alternative. What is needed is for Blair to step down and Brown to have as short a honeymoon period as possible. The worst scenario is Blair stepping down 12 months before the next election and Brown getting a victory because he is not as bad as Blair.

I'd also like to see NL getting as much bad press as the tories suffered. What they are getting now is nothing to what they deserve. Today it is expected that they will announce that they are missing the CO2 figures. What does Brown do, slap a £40 tax onto large cars. What does Blair do, step onto a plane and fly to the other side of the world. How much CO2 is produced by all the cars in the UK in comparison to the amount produced when the Blair tribe go on thier freeloaders holidays around the globe?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Well Blair's been vague all along, so 2010 was always a possibility. And a likely one too. When governments switch leaders it's usually towards the end of the term, for reasons EternalNomad suggests. Which is kind of fair enough: it would have been a bit rude for Blair to win the general election and hand over a few months later.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by eternalnomad
    I truly hope Gaydon gets the keys to No. 10 soon

After 12+ months with him in charge the party will start to show their true colours with brave new zanuNL initiative after initiative.

Hence, we would be guaranteed no more NewLiebour for at least a generation.

I hate Bliar with a passion - but I hate Gaydon more.
    I agree with you. My problem is that I hate the Tories even more.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I'd rather like Blair to stay. The longer he stays, the more people hate him. It is actually very amusing to watch him flitting about, looking in vain for a decent legacy. Sorry Tony, it's incompetence, sleaze and Iraq for you!

And I'd like Brown to stay at the Treasury as long as possible while Labour are in power, to make sure he gets the blame for his so-called "brilliance".

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    I truly hope Gaydon gets the keys to No. 10 soon

After 12+ months with him in charge the party will start to show their true colours with brave new zanuNL initiative after initiative.

Hence, we would be guaranteed no more NewLiebour for at least a generation.

I hate Bliar with a passion - but I hate Gaydon more.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by Fungus
    Do I hate Blair so much that I want him to go.

Or do I hate Brown so much I want Blair to stay.

That's a tough one.

I feel a stabbity stab moment coming on.
    I like Blair and I like Brown. They should rule together and make everyone happy.

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan
    Said it himslef down in OZ. He has hinted that he may not step down
    Do I hate Blair so much that I want him to go.

Or do I hate Brown so much I want Blair to stay.

That's a tough one.

I feel a stabbity stab moment coming on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X