• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another house price thread"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Nevermind that, do they have reasonably priced sofas in stock?
    I think there might be a sale on at dfs

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Businesses seem to be run on similar lines, they are a lot less interested in taking on debt and seem to prefer organic growth.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    And maybe also because locals prefer to invest money into some productive assets that earn money and prosper the nation, rather than engage in zero sum property spekulation.
    I think it's more to do with the unwillingness to borrow huge sums to engage in such speculation TBH. Businesses seem to be run on similar lines, they are a lot less interested in taking on debt and seem to prefer organic growth.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    And maybe also because locals prefer to invest money into some productive assets that earn money and prosper the nation, rather than engage in zero sum property spekulation.
    No, that's unlikely. If buying property was a way to make money, people would be doing it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    House prices are far lower in Germany than the UK, largely due to the fact that in Germany, rents are held down by the Mieterbund (tenants union).

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Is there anywhere that cheap in the UK even in the crappy parts? A 2 up 2 down in a drab part of the midlands costs twice that.
    House prices are far lower in Germany than the UK, largely due to the fact that in Germany, rents are held down by the Mieterbund (tenants union).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    You could get a house that cheap in the uk, but only somewhere completely tulip with no employment anywhere reasonably close
    Do you mean like in Newcastle?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Just.

Search results in NE

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You could get a house that cheap in the uk, but only somewhere completely tulip with no employment anywhere reasonably close
    I expect that is a factor here as well. Ideal if you could work from home though.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Quick buy it now or it will gone in a putsch knowing Munich
    This was in a village outside of Augsburg.

Just having a look in some other states, you can get a 200 square meter 8 room house for less than €50k in Baden Wattenburg if you don't mind living in the middle of nowhere.

Haus kaufen Baden-Württemberg: Häuser zum Kauf in Baden-Württemberg bei Immobilien Scout24

Is there anywhere that cheap in the UK even in the crappy parts? A 2 up 2 down in a drab part of the midlands costs twice that.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Quick buy it now or it will gone in a putsch knowing Munich

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    started a topic Another house price thread

Another house price thread

I wash just having a look at house prices in the posh parts of Munich, and I decided to have a look at some of the further out places. Not ridiculously far out, but places I have been on my bike. They were quite cheap, so I had a look at some further out places, just to see how stupidly cheap it could get.

I could buy a family house within an hour or so of work for €100k.

You can also buy whole blocks of flats here, which is quite interesting.

I'm off to have a look around the rest of Germany now.

Working...
X