• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What are you up to over the Bank holiday weekend?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Cycling from London to Paris along the Avenue Verte. Then going to spend a few days in Paris before Eurostarring home next weekend. Only 250 miles, but pedal powered!
    Nice one!

Looks like I'm working. Grr!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Well as mentioned there is no bank holiday here until next week but tomorrow afternoon one of the largest free inner city music festivals in Europe takes place in Darmstadt for 4 days, the Schlossgrabenfest (Castle Moat Festival) which will be visited. However I have to be up early on Saturday as a trip to Bamberg has been organised which as beer drinkers will probably know has a number of breweries along with related Biergartens and Bierkellers all of which need to be visited (and then back to the music festival if I haven't pissed myself on the bus back.)

The bank holiday next week here is actually on a Thursday so most people also take the Friday off, in particular men. This is because its Fathers Day (or Herrentag in the old DDR) and most men tend to go to the woods and get drunk all day along with being towed around towns in wagons. I personally will be going into the woods, climb a hill (actually I'll get a taxi) where there is an old tower with a hut that sells booze. I shall also be taking a crate or 2 of Killipitsch (a Düsseldorfer variant of Jägermeister) to help wash the beer (or in my case, Apfelwein) down. Once finished there in the early evening will be a visit to the pub and a long sleepy Friday and god knows what happens then...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    That's gross.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Trying to finish off me garden.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post

I've been dying to use that ever since I found it.
    can we get a gagging order on that?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    Just hanging around the usual gay bars ...

I've been dying to use that ever since I found it.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Just hanging around the usual gay bars ...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Are you getting the parrot fitted at the same time?
    ooh arr
    and a big can of spray-on parrot-sh1te for the back of my jacket

sixteen men on a big girls chest
    yo ho ho an a bottle 'o rum

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I'm starring in a amateur local production of 'Treasure Island' next week, So I will be in hospital this weekend having my leg off

Are you getting the parrot fitted at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Stealth negging

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Bank Holiday? Them feckers should go the extra mile Shirley? - Mr Tata.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'm starring in a amateur local production of 'Treasure Island' next week, So I will be in hospital this weekend having my leg off

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm doing a wedding in Southampton on Saturday. Single car job, quite straightforward except for the pickup which is a cul-de-sac with no turning circle so have to reverse 250 yards through parked cars on both sides.

Saturday night off to the pub for the footie.

Rest of the weekend I'm decorating the lounge, might go for a walk on Monday if it's nice.

Hope you enjoy your biking weekend!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    I wouldn't, electrical devices and water just don't mix.
    Three kids under 5 all swimming in different directions? I'll be praying for a "quick way out"

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Its my weekend with the kids so phone and laptop will be getting turned off and will probably take them swimming
    I wouldn't, electrical devices and water just don't mix.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X