• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "agent contact database"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I sold a copy of my "fag packet" to SASGuru, who tells me that he has managed squeeze the names and contacts of all his friends with room to spare to store everything he knows about global warming and IT.
    And you'd already filled it with detailed instructions on differentiating between your arse and your elbow.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    What do you use to keep track of agents contact details combined with what the latest info is re: jobs applied?

The obvoius is outlook for the contacts and an excel spreadsheet for keeping track of applications but Im wondering if there is a better all in one solution out there and also if anyone else uses another method/other programs.
    After my first contract I've never bothered. Either an agent has a job for me or they don't
    The former stay in touch as it's in their benefit, the latter self filter themselves

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    What do you use to keep track of agents contact details combined with what the latest info is re: jobs applied?

The obvoius is outlook for the contacts and an excel spreadsheet for keeping track of applications but Im wondering if there is a better all in one solution out there and also if anyone else uses another method/other programs.
    Oi! That's how I do it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Ahh i see, Bento 4, a contact manager for the mac. Great suggestion but then I'd have to buy a mac..
    The database is stored on my mobileme server and can be updated from my phone or either of me Mac's.

Like all those database things it only works if you spend the time updating it and as such I don't actually apart from the agents that really £$@£$ me off.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 23 May 2011, 13:03.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I sold a copy of my "fag packet" to SASGuru, who tells me that he has managed squeeze the names and contacts of all his friends with room to spare to store everything he knows about global warming and IT.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I'll research an iPad app for this when I get the the end of this contract.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Get a Mac.

HTH
    Aren't Macs for those cravat wearing graphic designer types?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Ahh i see, Bento 4, a contact manager for the mac. Great suggestion but then I'd have to buy a mac..
    Get a Mac.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    We use the back of a fag packet, I can let you have a copy for £10k.
    A bit of a problem for all those non-smoking agents then? And thinking about it, who needs a contact db as an agent when you simply do a word search on the folder that stores contractor and permie cvs (obviously not seperated) for skills such as "developer" and simply mailshot every contact that comes up..

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

We use the back of a fag packet, I can let you have a copy for £10k.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I use Bento

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I use Bento
    I use Wagamama's but what has Asian fast food got to do with agent databases..

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I use Bento

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Im thinking more of between contracts is usually a while and i have a lot of contacts in outlook i.e colleagues, family, friends and agents and i was wondering if there is a way to categorise the agents to be seperate so after a contract has ended I have an easy list of agents to contact along with knowing what our last contact was i.e a job app i applied for or simply someone who has contacted me but it led to nothing.

In short, the same as (i would expect) agents have about contractors, inc. Other details than just contact, but from the opposite side of the fence so to say. Is there such a program?
    You can add categories and notes to the contacts in outlook. You can also find all the emails to/from a particular contact from within the contact details.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Im thinking more of between contracts is usually a while and i have a lot of contacts in outlook i.e colleagues, family, friends and agents and i was wondering if there is a way to categorise the agents to be seperate so after a contract has ended I have an easy list of agents to contact along with knowing what our last contact was i.e a job app i applied for or simply someone who has contacted me but it led to nothing.

In short, the same as (i would expect) agents have about contractors, inc. Other details than just contact, but from the opposite side of the fence so to say. Is there such a program?
    I use SugarCRM. A bit full on to use a web app, but I host it in house and can access it while on the road. You can customise the fields and categorise your leads/contacts/accounts. Even run sales campaigns.

As I say, probably a bit full on for your needs, but it's what I use anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X