• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Childbirth - NHS or Private?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The father paid the whole cost.
    HTH
    Fair play to him. By the way, you might want to check you are not overpaying your Polish builder.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Congratulations to Gingerjedi and Scooterscot and maybe Jog On
    WTMS

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Actually it could be one of these ....
    No, it's hungry.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Congratulations to Gingerjedi and Scooterscot and maybe Jog On

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Mini scooter is due in 4 days time.
    They don't need one of those until they are about 2.

Congrats.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Thought you had ceased posting until you made your first second million quid?
    Some of my investments have fallen in value due to the commodity sell off, currency effects and stock market falls.

I'm now back to working on making my first million again.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Exactly. I reckon OG has just realised why he's divorced and the kids used to cry when they're left out in the snow.

'But he's hungry love!'

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    When the baby cries, it is hungry. It is not hot, cold, wet, bored, lonely, tired, overexcited, under-stimulated. Just hungry.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    We're going deutsche. Sorting out our health insurance here was time consuming but now no worries, just flash the card on the way in.

We selected a maternity hospital here in Munich (3 for us to choice from) choice of individual rooms or shared with a bed for me, if I wanted. 3 days spent in the hospital after birth, appartently the infants don't come with instructions

Afterwards a midwife said she'll visit twice a day for the first week.

How exciting! No instructions needed. When the baby cries, it is hungry. It is not hot, cold, wet, bored, lonely, tired, overexcited, under-stimulated. Just hungry.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Another one! Congrats...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    We're going deutsche. Sorting out our health insurance here was time consuming but now no worries, just flash the card on the way in.

We selected a maternity hospital here in Munich (3 for us to choice from) choice of individual rooms or shared with a bed for me, if I wanted. 3 days spent in the hospital after birth, appartently the infants don't come with instructions

Good Luck!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Thought you had ceased posting until you made your first second million quid?
    He photocopied the first million.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    All the best.

I'd be very wary of a private hospital. Continuity of care between professionals is poor. At night there will be a resident medical office who can't get a job in the NHS and if it all goes wrong you get a lovely ride in a nee-naw to an NHS hospital, who will pick up the pieces - I believe that the Wellington has the only private ICU in the UK, but that may be out of date now. A private side room is not a bad option. Be aware that in some hospitals, this will not be guaranteed, as they will give it to some NHS patients in preference (e.g. a mother of twins). Also, it's not so bad in a 6 bedded bay and midwives wandering in and out do 'eyeball' new mums to check they they are coping / well and offer support. It's not a bad thing. Mrs OG has just had our second and was one of 2 patients in the 6 bedded bay and it was fine. As she was in for 3 nights in the end, she would have been pretty isolated in a room on her own. For some of the time there was a mum who may have been POOR. Fortunately, we are curiously unscathed, but I do accept that snobs may have issues with this (not saying that that is the only reason for wanting a private room).

Best of luck again!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Get some matchsticks to lever your eyes open over the next few weeks.
    Bugger that, earplugs and get yourself in the spare room.

Congrats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X