• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Commonwealth Games ...."

Collapse

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    I am the monster that you all created. I am your fear, your worst nightmare. I am everything you hate, your prejudice, your conceit, your folly.

I am the Jabberwocky.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    And unlike DCJ, Knobjockey's mum doesn't bake a nice bit of cake.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    KnobJockey is another school boy in the mould of the late unlamented DCJ. His mum shuts him in his room with the computer, while she turns tricks with the punters in the living room. So you'll have to forgive him.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Honestly JW, I doubt you could get hold of the right end of the stick if it only had one end.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Maybe one day you will discover sex where another human is involved
    Shouldnt that be any

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy
    Hilarious JW, and up to your usual standard of witty retort. Impossible to spot the relevance mind you, but that's never stopped you before has it?
    Do elaborate, just in case there is any humour in there.

I am sorry I thought you were the sb who ran the fruit and veg stall. If you have some higher function then please forgive me.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by Jabberwocky
    couple of pahnds of sprouts please sb
    Hey Knobjockey, my old American chum. How's it going in the world of the fundamentalist christian international communist revolution?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Hilarious JW, and up to your usual standard of witty retort. Impossible to spot the relevance mind you, but that's never stopped you before has it?
    Do elaborate, just in case there is any humour in there.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    You don't create an Empire like wot we dun by playing fair.
    You mean like this?

Edmund: Well, you see, George, I did like it, back in the old days when the
    prerequisite of a British campaign was that the enemy should under
    no circumstances carry guns -- even spears made us think twice. The
    kind of people we liked to fight were two feet tall and armed with
    dry grass.

George: Now, come off it, sir -- what about Mboto Gorge, for heaven's sake?

Edmund: Yes, that was a bit of a nasty one -- ten thousand Watusi warriors
    armed to the teeth with kiwi fruit and guava halves. After the battle,
    instead of taking prisoners, we simply made a huge fruit salad. No,
    when I joined up, I never imagined anything as awful as this war.
    I'd had fifteen years of military experience, perfecting the art of
    ordering a pink gin and saying "Do you do it doggy-doggy?" in
    Swahili, and then suddenly four-and-a-half million heavily armed
    Germans hoved into view. That was a shock, I can tell you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I get my surges by looking over finely tuned C++ code. There is the thrill of the bug hunt, the joy of an optimisation and the contentment of a satisfied customer.
    Life must be one big bowl of cherries for you. Maybe one day you will discover sex where another human is involved, and that will shatter this cosy existence of yours.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I don't see why people watch this stuff. Sure you if are taking part there is an adrenalin surge, but just watching in your armchair - where is the achievement in that.

I get my surges by looking over finely tuned C++ code. There is the thrill of the bug hunt, the joy of an optimisation and the contentment of a satisfied customer.
    You sound like my other half! Except he hates C++.

Leave a comment:

• Jabberwocky
    replied
    I don't see why people watch this stuff. Sure you if are taking part there is an adrenalin surge, but just watching in your armchair - where is the achievement in that.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Before the game started the Aussie press were talking about having Australia split into its states and entered seperatly. In the last games New South Wales would have got more medals than anyone else on their own without the help of the other states.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    What amuses me is how brilliantly well we're doing - winning lots of medals and the like. Of course, competing against the likes of IoM, Jersey, and some tinpot principality no-one's ever heard of is going to give us a decent advantage. If Australia weren't part of the 'commonwealth' we'd be top of the league table!
    You don't create an Empire like wot we dun by playing fair.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X