• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Fecking Dentists..."

Collapse

• Joe Black
    replied
    But then I wouldn't be able to film the op in all it's glory and post it on my blog the next day.

Actually, joking aside, though I didn't feel a thing when he was extracting the root, the thing which gave me one of those 'boy, this is going to hurt afterwards' moments was the realisation that the little vacumn thingy only looked red because it was hoovering up all the blood which was pouring out...

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivor1
    I broke a tooth on an toffee, couldnt crown the tooth only option was a tooth implant, had no choice as missing tooth visable when smiled, total cost £2250, The bloke who did it even showed me a quote for a guy who was have £35k worth of dental work phuck me ! Did look into going abroad but an implant requires a full go to sleep anatestic so issues with flying back after.
    Actually about to have something similar myself done here, crown broke off and was told by both my previous dentist (UK) and my new one that likewise an implant was the best option.

Quote in London though was circa £2k, here my dentist has quoted €1500 and has what must be one of the best equipped dental practices I've seen.

Maybe the eastern countries are still cheaper, but...

"an implant requires a full go to sleep anatestic"

Hmm, both of the dentists I've seen are going to do it just with a local?
    Last edited by Joe Black; 20 March 2006, 19:19.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Hart-floot
    Try a decent (?) Hungarian dentist. Article from todays TImes....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...091078,00.html
    Depends on how good the Hungarian dentist is. My wife had her crowns made in her own town and ended up with all sorts of problems which we are now fixing in the UK.

Zoltan the Crown Impaler with his favourite tool for sealing up those wounds.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    He only does it for costly treatment, natch, not for a routine checkup. He saves his treatment up for bursts. Last time I think he had a couple of crowns done, a false tooth fitted (rugby player, you see) and had some whitening done at the same time. Would have cost an arm and a leg here. He's already booked his flight back to have a brace fitted.

Now that does make sense, remakably sensible for a rugby player. Must be Union

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    How much is he paying his dentist then? Last visit I had resulted in one filling and a general checkup for £50. Can't see how I'd save money on that by leaving the country.
    He only does it for costly treatment, natch, not for a routine checkup. He saves his treatment up for bursts. Last time I think he had a couple of crowns done, a false tooth fitted (rugby player, you see) and had some whitening done at the same time. Would have cost an arm and a leg here. He's already booked his flight back to have a brace fitted.

Leave a comment:

• Ivor1
    replied
    I broke a tooth on an toffee, couldnt crown the tooth only option was a tooth implant, had no choice as missing tooth visable when smiled, total cost £2250, The bloke who did it even showed me a quote for a guy who was have £35k worth of dental work phuck me ! Did look into going abroad but an implant requires a full go to sleep anatestic so issues with flying back after.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    Friend of mine does the same and goes to Crackow for his dental treatment. With a cheap Ryanair flight he comes back quids in even if he makes a weekend of it and stays overnight in a hotel (which he often does). Two weeks ago he went there to get some new glasses at a fraction of the cost.

Welcome to globalisation.
    How much is he paying his dentist then? Last visit I had resulted in one filling and a general checkup for £50. Can't see how I'd save money on that by leaving the country.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Polish Dentists and Opticians

Friend of mine does the same and goes to Crackow for his dental treatment. With a cheap Ryanair flight he comes back quids in even if he makes a weekend of it and stays overnight in a hotel (which he often does). Two weeks ago he went there to get some new glasses at a fraction of the cost.

Welcome to globalisation.

Leave a comment:

• Hart-floot
    replied
    Hungarian Dentists

Try a decent (?) Hungarian dentist. Article from todays TImes....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...091078,00.html

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I've just broken another tooth.

It was the one that was giving me all the grief after being filled on 4th January....

Ho hum, here we go again...

At least it hasn't started hurting yet
    Maybe if you cut up your victims before eating them.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

It was the one that was giving me all the grief after being filled on 4th January....

Well it's not as if you dont have a few to spare

Leave a comment:

• The Master
    replied
    It's The Training

Did the dentist learn his trade on this...

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Fecking Dentists...

Fecking Dentists...

Working...
X