• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Foreign Medical Treatment"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    4k should be a weeks pay for a good contractor.
    Maybe you'll get there yourself one day.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Should be, but then we had New Labour for 13 years and a million Bobs on work permits, so I doubt very much it is.
    For the good ones it is.

Just thought I would let you know.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Should be, but then we had New Labour for 13 years and a million Bobs on work permits, so I doubt very much it is.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Find a sticking up pavement.

Call some ambulance chaser lawyers and say you hurt your knee tripping on it.

Get £4000 compensation. Go private.

Sorted.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Come out to Germany bring you EU NHS card, you've be done by the end of next week.
    Done and buried.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Come out to Germany bring you EU NHS card, you've be done by the end of next week.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So do people actually arrange the treatment abroad and then combine with a holiday, or is it done as a package... recuperate in the sun until you're well enough to return home?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    It's been like this for 2 months so I guess it isn't going away on its own.

If I've got to spend a load of money, just thought maybe I could get 2 weeks in Goa thrown into the bargain.
    India does indeed have some very good hospitals - and lots of people from the UK are getting treated there with good results.
    You'd have to do your research about who's the best doctor etc. Don't know how you'd go about it, though.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How is that a clinical trial, cretin?

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Download some medical books and do it yourself, if you get stuck use google.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    If I've got to spend a load of money, just thought maybe I could get 2 weeks in Goa thrown into the bargain.
    I would probably prioritize the quality of the surgery above the weather TBH.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I've screwed my knee up in the gym & have to have keyhole surgery.

So far I've been going private but the cost of the operation is £4000.

Can get it done on the NHS but the wait is 9 - 12 months & I don't want to be in pain & physically inactive for that amount of time.

Don't want to spend 4k either but if I could go somewhere & get a holiday as well as the treatment for the same amount or less I'd consider it.

Anyone ever done this kind of thing?
    9 to 12 months! The Tories didn't take long to get back to normal.

Hope you get it sorted one way or t'other.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    You can always put yourself forward for a clinical trial.

Knee surgery: My husband died from a routine knee operation - because the surgeon used him as a guinea pig | Mail Online

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Why not give it a few weeks and see if it heals up on its own?
    It's been like this for 2 months so I guess it isn't going away on its own.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X